+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friendship or Love

Friendship or Love

I'm 27 years old and have been friends with John for almost 8 years. He is 32.
    We are both single, Basically when we met he told me he had feelings for me. I did not feel the same then.
    I wasn't looking for the same things he was and he lives a couple hours away from me, so I had no interest in long distance. I had tried it when I was 19.

All this time we have remained friends, he tells me to this day he loves me. But it's kept on the friendship page obviously. The past few months I've thought about him a lot. Realizing how good he has been to me and what a great man he is in general. I know people change over time, same with feelings. I'm not sure how to approach this senecio though. For all I know he may not want anything more than friendship now, regardless of how much we care and love each other.

We always had this inside joke about making out, and last month it happened. Felt really good, I didn't feel any awkwardness. And I saw him again last week, didn't do anything but we remain just the same as always, he tends to look at me now and when I see him he will wink at me. We are still affectionate with each other, for ex. Hugging, laying head on lap, kissing on my cheek, calling each other names like sweetie or hun.

I guess my question is, should I just leave it as is? Or is there really something still there? Do I even seem to have a chance with him still? I ask males because I wonder if even though you tell a woman you love her and she is a great friend of yours...could you still possibly be open to more than that after all these years? We kind of drifted a part for a while and we both agreed we needed to talk more again. He also said if he is in town for ball we can meet up for dinner, Drinks or something. I agreed. For the record: Yes I'm afraid of rejection lol

You two need to be compatible to make a long term thing with this relationship. If you are not, it won't work no matter what feelings you have for each other. Feelings do not fix things, action fixes things. If you want to pursue him, ask him, but I think you will ultimately be dissatisfied with a LDR. I know I will not do LDR again. It was difficult and expensive driving 6 hours one way.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)