+ Follow This Topic

Thread: dumped then became friends then i broke it off.

dumped then became friends then i broke it off.

So my gf dumped me for being too clingy. literally a few days later we were hanging out a good bit and texting. everything was like a normal but good friendship. I wasn't being clingy at all. well after about two weeks of being friends I lost my composure. one night we were hanging out and i started acting weird. she asked my what was wrong and i told her i can't be friends with her anymore if she doesn't like me more then friends. well she said she didn't like me more then friends and i asked her how and why bc we have been hanging out a lot and she doesn't think I'm clingy anymore so i really wondered. she told me she just looks at me as a friend bc she knows that i act different as a bf and will become clingy. but i think thats not right to say. i acted differently till sex was involved which made me clingy. so she can't sit there and say that. so after arguing about it i told her i couldn't be friends with her right now and i need time to clear my head since i never got to do that when she dumped me. she said she understands and to let her know when i want to be friends.
    I just want her back. maybe if i cleared my head and went into the friendship again i wouldn't lose my composure then she would like me again after awhile. i need help with this.

I'm betting that you already have real friends, and they happen to be guys. You don't need or want her friendship, you want a relationship with her. And since she doesn't want that relationship, you need to move on and find a woman who wants a real relationship with you and not some lame friendship.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

grow a pair and find a woman who loves you and become clingy to you!

I think she's using the "too clingy" excuse because she doesn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you directly that she doesn't want to be with you, period. Let it go.

On a general note: don't be "friends" with someone just because you hope to get in a relationship with them.