+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My boyfriend told me never to talk to him again

My boyfriend told me never to talk to him again

Hey, its been a long time since i posted on this forum! My boyfriend broke up with me his last words being "dont ever contact or phone me again, not now, not in 5 years, or 10" " Have a happy life" "im disgusted by you" "Bye"

Im so hurt and torn. I feel as if my heart was ripped out of my chest over and over again. He broke up with me because of a misunderstanding! He went into my emails and found an offline msg from someone who i stopped talking to ages ago due to the fact that he was a flirt and had bad intentions and he was ENGAGED!!. I had no feelings for that guy, non at all, but i guess that didnt matter to my bf. I feel humiliated and upset and i just dont know what to do with myself I lost my first love and my best friend.

You must consider the circumstances that he said those hurtful words. Most often people will say things they don't entirely mean when they are angry and/or hurt. Make an
    attempt to get in touch with him again after two to three weeks following the breakup to give him some distance and cool off.

All the best,

Josh

y do u girls keep these jerks in yer list after being in relationship? your lover matters more to u or that old flirt? its disgusting. my girl does the same and it burns me from inside.

He went into your e-mails?? Why won't you see that problem first? There is no misunderstanding that he invaded your privacy for whatever reason he felt the need to. And he said nasty things to you. I dont care how hurt a person is, to invade privacy and then say awful things is not healthy in any relationship. He will never fully trust you again and you will spend too much energy and time trying to prove to him that he can. Relationships should not be that hard. I say walk away and let him cool down. If you want to send an email in a few weeks, explaining everything, then go ahead, but send ONE and keep it short. Then, allow him to make the next move.

awee thanks for the replies everyone! i really appreciated them!
    @caligirl23, i know thats exactly what i thought when i found out he went into my emails, but then again i have nothing to hide from him. I didn't think this offline message would even bother him, considering the fact that it was from such a long time ago.

@nauman, that guy only wanted some love advice, but he had a bad habit of flirting excessively and so when he started to flirt with me i stopped talking to him.

@jtut21, thanks for the advice! I will defoo send him a message sometime next week. the problem is im going out of the country on the 20th so he and i wont get to talk for 2 months :'( should i message him after those 2 months, or the day im leaving??

He invaded your privacy, he is extremely insecure and jealous AND he has severe anger issues. I'd say you dodged a bullet here.

I agree with searock. I got chills when I read this because I had an ex in the same situation and it was a miserable time. As soon as he could see that I was willing to do anything to prove to him that I could be trusted, he started making unreasonable requests like telling me what to wear and wanting me to not have certain friends and before you know it. I didn't know who I was and he was abusing the hell out of me. Everybody is different, but the hatred and anger behind his words scares me.