+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there any hope on this...

Is there any hope on this...

Hi all,
    I have been in this site before and all men were so helpful. Here is my story, very short...I used to live in Florida but I got a job in Ohio, great career opportunity and I was looking for a growth like this. Around 6 months prior to apply to this new job, I met a guy online. We talked on the phone quiet often but it was only on the phone, he never asked me out so I thought he wanted to be just friends...so we kept talking on the phone, very nice guy, he told his love story (he had a gf for 10 years that broke his heart, etc) he even gave me tips about my car and recommended me to his mechanic. I kept him as a friend in my head. Well, 3 weeks prior for me to move to Ohio, he asked me out, he told me it was time to meet in person...so that changed my perspective of him. Anyway, we decided to meet and I thought it will be cool to meet him and at least to make an official friend. Well, he arrived and I really liked him. I felt so attracted. There was chemistry immediately. He was not only cute but very intelligent...so we had great dinner and the click was there I can see it was both ways. Short story we had sex that night but it was great and I didn't think too much of it because I knew I was leaving anyway...and I was so attractive to him I couldn't control...I guess when you feel it you feel it...well, he lived 1.5 hrs from my city and we stayed in a nice hotel by the beach. We kept in contact all week, he texted me every day and then he asked me out again (which I was not even expecting) so I went to visit him for two weekends on a row before moving to Ohio. I talked to him and he knew I will be moving because of work. We said good bye and I didn't want to even think about how crashed I was because I really liked him. We had a great time together both weekends...well...when I moved to Ohio, he texted me for a week and after that he disappeared. Inside I knew because we didn't have enough time to build anything serious you know? I know distance doesn't work in a relationship and we were not even at that level anyway...but I did miss him so much. Anyway, a month ago, out of the blue I got a text from him. He told me his ex gf hack jacked his email account and deleted all his emails so he did not have my email and that at some point he got a new phone and he couldn't save my number. He said he was able to press charges to his gf because she also stole money from his paypal account, etc...so he got access to his email again and got my number again...so we have been texting back and forward. He told me he didn't forgot about me...and at some point I asked him if he was dating anybody and he said no, he said he doesn't want a gf now because everything he went through with his ex...so that gave me a signal...so stayed nice and cool...well, we talked on the phone one night and he told me he thinks about me all the time, he told me he wanted to see me. I told him I would like to visit FL and him and then he asked me to visit him. The short story is that I got my ticket to visit him next weekend. I am still so into this guy. We had great sex and I know that is what it is attracting me so much to him and I think it is the same for him. He is texting me every morning to say hi and every night before going to bed...I do not know what to think, he might be just doing this because he wants me to visit him and have a good time for that weekend period...so I have to be careful because I do like him so much and I do not want to develop stronger feelings for him because the reality is that I have to come back and we will be far away....anyway guys, do you think there is hope that maybe this could be something more than just sex? I would like to conquest his heart, we have big sexual chemistry but I want him to see more than that? any tips? any suggestions? at least for what things not to do? I feel I have a great opportunity right now because I am going to spend 4 days with him...but I want to get the male perspective as I want to think outside my excitement...
    Any feedback and suggestions are welcome...and thanks for reading my long story...

All that drama with his ex after you left, he was obviously with her (more than likely cheating) when you were first together. I don't know, a good sex partner isn't that hard to find. Your chances are zero for a relationship, why not find a local guy to have fun with? Do you really need to fly across the country to get laid?
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Thank you

Thank you for your perspective. It is always helpful...

For me it is not to get laid just...I know I can go out a get somebody tonight locally but that is not what I am looking for, I want a connection and that is what made the sex really awesome... hard to explain. Also I believe that if you meet the right person for you, the distance doesn't matter, but once again, I think I am just thinking from my point of view and only time will show... we were on the skype last night until 2 am...to me, he can find somebody locally too you know? and instead of using skype he can be spending time with another girl...we will see...but once again...thanks for your guy perspective - I wish I can get more opinions...

You're missing the point.

Spend the time in your *new* life trying to meet someone who is able to have a normal, functional relationship with you. Why would you spend your time off and money traveling across country to try and keep this going? Unless he's a social misfit, he'll meet someone new on the 300+ days that you won't be around this year, without a doubt. LDR's, skype and all of this other crap sound great in theory, but it's not going to work in the long run. You'll be able to find someone that you have chemistry with (ya, I get that part of it) up there.

The distant 'does' matter. When he stops skyping, texting and calling as much because he met a new girl, in the flesh, you'll get it. You ask if it just for the sex...of course it is, until he meets someone. It's new, and convenient. I know you don't want to hear the reality of it, you want to hear what will make you feel good, make you feel like you're doing the right thing. Unfortunately, I'm not going to tell you that. When it ends, you'll re-read this thread and understand why. Anyway, good luck, for what it's worth.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

I know

Thank you for your thoughts, this is exactly why I wrote here... I need an outsider perspective...

I guess reality is hitting me big time the closer I get to the date I will be traveling, I have done so much thinking...going out with friends and meeting more people, I feel like going there has not point...as much as I like him...