+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I confront him?

Should I confront him?

I was using my mates tablet (not intentionally snooping. I just needed to look something up). During the middle of my use, a message comes up from a girl asking to meet. Curious (ok, now I'm snooping) I clicked on it. I read through the thread and it included some nude, sexy pictures of a girl. I looked up her name, and it turns out she lives in the next town over from us. Earlier that day, he went out to the store to pick something up and then told me randomly afterwards he needed to go into work to do something (which rarely ever happens). I couldn't tell what he was replying back to her, but judging from her comments he must have been flirting. He is being discrete about it, tying it to a separate username/phone number that I would not be able to otherwise see on his phone or computer. Is this something to bring up with him? There was no hard evidence he has been cheating, but the conversation sort of leads to it. If not physically, at least emotionally. There was a time way back when we first started dating 4 years ago I came across a similar situation, but never said anything to it. It's been bugging me ever since what he is/isn't doing behind my back, and now this shows up.

Yes of course, but don't freak out on him....just ask him about it and then ask him if he wants to end the relationship with you, because it's obvious he has a need to flirt with other girls.

BTW This happened 4 years ago and it didn't send a warning to you? If this has happened before it probably never stopped happening.

Dang, that sucks. Definitely confront him. There's obviously something going on with him that he needs to find some sort of ego boost or satisfaction elsewhere. Good luck with the talk.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy309 View Post
    I read through the thread and it included some nude, sexy pictures of a girl. I looked up her name, and it turns out she lives in the next town over from us... He is being discrete about it, tying it to a separate username/phone number that I would not be able to otherwise see on his phone or computer. Is this something to bring up with him?
    Not acceptable behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy309 View Post
    There was no hard evidence he has been cheating.
    Doesn't matter. What he is doing still isn't acceptable.

If I were you I would confront him, then dump him. Or maybe just dump him. There might not be any point confronting him about it because he will almost certainly just lie!

I agree with Pegasus. Just dump him. He'll freak out and want to know why, and you should just tell him that you found some things on his computer and it doesn't really matter whether or not he's actually cheating. You seem like a weakling, so I doubt you'll have the spine for to do anything but accept his answer when you confront him. Maybe its best if you just sweep it under the rug and leave it alone like you did last time.

Confront him. Don't just dump him without a reason because then he will likely hound you for a response and some answers as to why, etc. Tell him what you saw. Who cares if you were snooping? He may try to tell you that you are wrong for doing that and pin it on you, but he is in the wrong here, not you. I don't know how you could ignore something 4 years ago. I dont think this man is worthy of more of your time or feelings. I can only imagine what more he has been hiding from you that you don't know about. Get out of there now with your dignity and never look back.