+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on what I should do?

Advice on what I should do?

Need advice about a girl I am in love with but she's living with someone else. I've known this girl for around six months now but we've only met a handful of times. However from the first time we met and every time since, we talk like we've known each other all our lives. She's a very special girl with a positive free spirit, this is despite being dealt a rough hand in terms of her family and past relationships. I can't be sure but I'm convinced she's only with her current boyfriend as he offers her security and stability. She tells everyone she loves him but I often think she's trying to convince herself of this? I see a sadness in her eyes when I offer her any form of kindness but this could be because she's never been shown any in her life.

My dilemma is this. Without getting very personal and quizzing her about her true feelings I'm never going to know the truth? At the moment it's Impossible to know the true dynamics of the relationship she has with her current boyfriend but from my perspective, he has very limited aspirations and from what I can see she is doing all the compromising. It's almost like she's convincing herself that her dreams and aspirations are not as important as her boyfriends. At the moment all she really has is him to rely/confide in as she has no real friends or family only myself. While outwardly she's very bubbly and positive I can see real sadness, it's all in her eyes we have so many unspoken moments but you just know. I just wish she would open up but she seems afraid or unwilling to do so. She's a vulnerable soul and for this reason I would hate to tell her my true feelings, in case I lose her as a friend as it would just kill me to not be able to help her if ever she needed it. However I can't help my feelings for her, I literally can't get her out of my head and would do anything for her, all she would need to do was ask. I think she's with this guy out of neccesity but what if I'm wrong? Do I tell her my feelings and risk losing her completely or believe her when she says she loves her current boyfriend and just be a good friend when she needs me?

To me both options are bad, any advice would be grateful.
    Last edited by Wings; 12-06-12 at 09:37 PM.

You don't know this girl well enough to know that she's unsatisfied with her relationship. Even if you knew it for sure, it wouldn't be your place to step between them. You need to stay away from her: she is taken and you shouldn't be "friends" with her if you have a crush on her (based on your personal idea of her, since you don't really know her).

Oh it's much more than a crush and I know almost everything about her, which is why I would never wish to hurt her. I know I need to stand back but doing so when it appears she's involved in another one sided relationship is difficult to do.

I care for this girl so much that all that matters to me is her happiness and if that means her current boyfriend then fine but if she's with him for the wrong reasons then surely that's not right?

How can you know almost everything about her when you've only "known" her for 6 months and you've only met "a handful of times"? You can't. You get to really know someone when you spend almost every day with them and talk with them about intimate stuff for at least 6 months. You have no idea what her relationship is like. In any case it's not up to you to judge or especially get involved in any way.

However her relationship is or is not working with her boyfriend it's her business and not yours. Stay well clear.