+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it over?

Is it over?

Hi! thanks to anyone who reads this / responds

I am just curious, are me and my (ex) boyfriend really over. Just feels like in time he'll eventually come around.

Details:

Age(s) myself (20) and him (29).
    In '09 we met through mutal friends. He was visiting a friend and we hit it off. Sadly, he did not leave close; it was a 3hour distance. Since we both aren't billionaires, and have more obligations at home we had to save money to see eachother. We dated for 6months, and then broke up for 6months (silly arguement got blown out of proportion). Then we started talking again and it was like we never broke up(he won't admit we broke up either). It felt so natural to be together. He even bought an engagement ring for me, and was going to propose. We lasted about 2.5years before it ended again. This time he wanted to be "friends". He said he still loved me, and cared greatly for me; however, wanted to be just friends. (*people at his work were getting fired/and not performing properly which came back on him*).

So we tried to be friends for about 2weeks. I couldn't do it, it felt like he was sending mix signals, and it was breaking my heart more. He was doing the things he knew that would make me laugh, and saying things you should not say to "friends". So him and I went to no contact for about 1week; after that I contacted him saying I missed him. He said he missed me too, but other then that we talked maybe 2 more times. Just little updates here and there. We haven't talked in about a week. I am tired of going to him; I want him to come to me for once.

Once again thanks to anyone who took the time to read/respond.

It sounds like its over. As much as you may want to don't contact him anymore. I know how hard this can be but it will fade into insignicance once you move on from him.

We all want to fight for the one we love but his actions speaks volumes....he is unreliable. A problem at work makes him throw your relationship away? What if you were married with kids? Does he ditch you and the kids because he can't handle it? lame just lame. Just tell him you are done and to stop contacting you because this situation right now doesn't work for you.

I agree with Marvine.
    You need to do one serious conversation about your relationship.
    You both need to say exactly what you think and what are your expectation.
    If you want him but he doesn't want you I can't see how is it going to work out.
    It will just be too painful. Think of when he'll tell you about a new GF..
    http://nocastnoshadow.blogspot.com/