+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm pretty sure I'm hopeless

I'm pretty sure I'm hopeless

Yeah, I'm 21 and have never had a gf or a real friend. I'm ugly (in every way, looks wise), weird, poor and generally unlikable. Most girls have only ever laughed at me or ignored me. As far as I know it's impossible for a girl to like me back. I've never been completely comfortable approaching girls, mainly cause they clearly don't like me (ugliness). I've went for looks and personality in the past but neither got any results. I've become very bitter and depressed over this. I don't see any reason to live if I can never experience love.

Do you think theres any point in trying anymore? Once I got rejected by a girl and my brother****ed her in the next room on my parents bed (I had to listen to it too). I'm pachetic, things like that only happen to pachetic people. My life sucks because I suck IMO.

What do you think I should do?

Put your energy into positive things like education, job, and finding interests. Your opinion about yourself should not be based on the reaction of others. Usually with the reaction of others is brought on by the opinion you have about yourself. I recommend you read or get the dvd called "The Secret" the power of positive thinking. It teaches you to change the way you think, how you see others and how other perceive you.

There is far more to it than positive thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by SadSack View Post
    There is far more to it than positive thinking.
    You have to start somewhere.

Ok sad sac give us some pictures.

i dont want to risk being recognized.

im going to pm you a pic, don't share it with anyone. if anyone wants to see pm me....

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You seem negative. Even your chosen screen name says so. I'll wait for Smackies opinion on your looks, but I doubt its as bad as you say. Attraction is a lot oabout confidence. Haven't you seen "ugly" guys with beautiful women? If they can, you can.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Over exaggerating, just a crappy attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by SadSack View Post
    im going to pm you a pic, don't share it with anyone. if anyone wants to see pm me....
    No I will not share your pic, ty for your trust.

I'm not exaggerating. You're just saying that because I'm clearly bothered by my looks. My attitude is crappy, but only because thats what women have thought me to believe.

So that's it? Dont think about it? Be confident?

**** THIS SHIT! This site SUCKS. **** you.

You need to find something you're good at. A skill, a hobby, something. Find something you want to learn or that you are already good at, and try to meet people that way. That will help your confidence. If you can't find one thing that you are good at, then you really just suck as a person, and you are hopeless.

Also quit whining and playing the victim. You're responsible for your own happiness. Quit bitching.

Women aren't as shallow as men when it comes to attractiveness. They are more attracted to confident guys. So yeah, you need to develop a more positive and confident attitude. Fake it until you make it. Women also appreciate manners, a sense of humor, and kindness. Some women are also attracted to wealth, but you're better off without that type anyway. Also, women are often attracted to a guy who is at least a couple of years older than they are. Unfortunately, at your current age, that means that teenage girls are more likely to be attracted to you than women your own age. That's okay, by the time you are 25, the women who are around 21 will be more interested in you.

When I was 21, I hadn't had a girlfriend yet. I did go on a few dates, but that was it. I had bad acne and still have a big nose, and I was overly worried about that. During my college years, I started to really develop my social skills, and I continued to improve through my 20s and 30s. Although I did do a lot more dating later in my 20s, I still didn't have my first serious long-term relationship until I was 31. Things got better as I became more confident and less self-conscious.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

You could get plastic surgery. I don't know your specific physical problems because I don't know what you look like, but you can be your own judge as far as what you need. If you think your looks are interfering with your life to that extent, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Sulking does absolutely nothing. Take control of your looks and stop letting them control your life.

Vincenzo is right in saying that you won't be so harshly judged just by what body you were born with because you're male, but if you really look as bad as you seem to think you do, then some adjustments to your physical appearance are probably worthwhile. Never in my life have I met a guy whose personality was so good that it could make up for looking like a disfigured ape where a fair number of girls would go for it, but you never know about everyone.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by Lily_of_Isles; 19-06-12 at 03:18 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast