+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My best friend is stuck in the same destructive relationship

My best friend is stuck in the same destructive relationship

Hey guys, 1 year ago I came her pouring out my heart over this girl that had been feeding me stories about rape, being molested and cops walking over her floor all the time. The story was that she cut her wrists but when I felt and looked at them when she didnt notice nothing was there, the story was that she had been raped by her best friends dad when she was 11 and that this man still works at her fathers, the story also was that she was kidnapped to Germany by lover boys and had been sold for 1 time sex before cops came to the supposed rescue, the story also was that a high boss of pimping etc wanted to meet her and that she agreed to that which is when I went to the police to file a report hoping for action. It all turned out that it was a lie and I had been played like a piano, it was a hard lesson but I have learned from that since!

Anyway now my best friend who is 22 and he has a girlfriend of 15 years old I know the age difference but I don't judge when it comes to happiness, he seem happy but lately he's coming with emotional stories that his girl told him, he told me that she had been beat by several guys in her town and that she had a knife cut on her throat, she also told she had to be re-animated? or had CPR for 40 minutes straight several times, she told me that police had stopped by her door with the supposed leader of that group, now I have told my best friend how I felt about the situation and how I feel that it's the same sort of girl that I was dating a year ago, the needy and attention looking kind, the kind that would do anything for attention.

He's on internship to a different city 3 hours from my place for 2 months but I peeked at his twitter that she again had been beat, again had been re-animated, again had been threathened but I can never seem to find any bruises not on her face or her body, the knife cut on her throat looked like a rash scratch. Anyway my best friend rushed over to her city and I feel she is playing emotional games with him, he's a pretty sensitive guy despite the exterior and cries pretty quick when it comes to girls.

Im not sure what to do, because ive experienced this and have told him how I felt and what I think is happening but he doesnt seem to listen, he's like im positive it's true im positive she's not lying but he hasn't seen any bruises either when I asked him. This reminds of how I was and would never accept that the girl I was dating was simply put crazy and sick in her head.

Can anyone give me advice on this? Should I just let him roll in the relationship and let him find out the hard way too like I did?

well, she is 15, and 15 year old girls like drama (moreso than a lot of 22 year old girls I've met). So aside from the likely statutory rape that IS taking place between the two of them. He just needs to leave, she is a liar and way under age. Sit him down and explain clearly your situation, as well as what you've seen with her.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley