I've been talking to a guy for a year now, almost exactly. We met through my cousin, since they are very close friends. From the beginning, we were just joking around and flirting just to piss my cousin off, because he wasn't so glad that his friends were hitting on me. Well, it turned out that we really connected and kept in touch almost every day. We would send a text to each other just to tell about something random that just happened. I've never met a guy before that I could really be myself with, I could do and say anything without really wondering what he'd think of me. With all the other guys, I've felt that something's been missing but not with him.

Well, we began to go out. It felt so right and I realised that I was falling for him. We kept in touch every day but then, for like a month or two ago, he didn't take any initiative anymore to do something together. It was always me, but he never said no neither. Even though he wasn't asking me out, he still kept in touch which made me more confused. I don't really know what happened but things got so weird.. All his friends knew about us. If I met someone new and it was his friend, he'd go "Oh, it's you!". Even his best friend told me to go for it and my cousin said that he was a good guy, my best friend also said that we were perfect together after she had met him. But still, after all this, he didn't seem so interested anymore in seeing me even though we acted just like a couple when we were together.

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to know. I told him about my feelings for him, he seemed shocked and asked me if I was in love and what I wanted. He said he liked me, but didn't want a relationship. I was so crushed and didn't know what to do, so I said that we couldn't talk anymore since I don't think I could handle my feelings for him and still being "just friends" with him. He said that it's probably the best and that was it. He seemed kinde surprised though that I didn't want to keep in touch with him anymore..

Now, I don't really know if I made the right choice. I'm hoping that he's going to realise what he's missing and maybe come back. It feels so empty, since I had him there for almost a year and now he's gone, just like that. Was I just some kind of plan B, someone he could have while he was waiting for someone better? I just can't accept the thought, that after all this time and everything he has done and said, he doesn't want a relationship with me.

I just want him so bad. What should I do?