+ Follow This Topic

Thread: teenage kid needs help

teenage kid needs help

So there's this girl, 14 years old, that I really, really like. I first met her last summer, but didn't notice her that much since I am 2 years older than her, but we did hang out occasionally, nothing romantic or anything, just goofing around. At the end of that summer, she moved with her family to a city on the other side of the country, so I didn't see her or talk to her at all for some time. Then she came to my town for Christmas, we passed by each other on the street, but I didn't say anything to her, not really sure why. Next day, she hit me up on facebook, she was mad at me because I acted like I didn't see her the day before, we talked a bit, and then I made her laugh with a silliest joke, suddenly she stops being mad at me and we just started talking and talking on facebook about pretty much everything. We would talk every day, whole day, and I kept falling for her more and more. 3 months later she came to my town again for a week, and it took me 6 days to man up, make my move on her and kiss her. It took me that long because... well, I don't really know. From there, our fb chats got more serious and we talked even more then before, by the time she came back to my town, we had over 30k messages. She came one month later, but only for 3 days, so we didn't see each other as much as we wanted. Couple days later, out of nowhere, she says things just aren't the same as before, she said she can't be in a relationship in which we see each other once a month. I was devastated. Since then, we didn't talk almost at all. Now she came to this town again during the summer vacation. We hang out at same places so I keep seeing her every day, but we barely talked. I often find myself staring at her, and I noticed she sometimes stares at me. I don't really know what I should do, should I make my move and try something, or should I just move on? I really like her, but then again, she hurt me badly.

It sounds like that would be extremely difficult to work out in the long run. She's justified to call it off now instead of in the future when it would be a lot more painful. Try not to dwell on her profile online; it's going to be harder to get over her. Go out and meet other people--people who either are more available or who are willing to put forward the effort you're willing to put forward.