+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've been hiding something from my GF for quite a while.... (pics inside)

I've been hiding something from my GF for quite a while.... (pics inside)

I've been hiding something from my serious girlfriend for over 2 years. To be honest, I can't believe I was successful.

I'm Aquaman.

On my left foot, I have 2 webbed toes. My right foot is fine. My girlfriend has never seen them. Maybe she has, but she doesn't know that I know that she knows, if she knows... lol follow that?. As a matter of fact, only my family (including cousins) know - none of my friends know.

I realize this is a petty issue, and the real issue is the fact that I didn't have confidence to tell her for the fear of her being disgusted. There are millions of people that would love to trade their medical condition for some webbed toes, and I feel horrible that this pulls me down so far.

I've come to the point where I need to tell her but not sure how she will react.

Ladies, how would you react? I have a feeling she might get upset not that I have webbed toes, but that I didn't tell her earlier. How do I break this news to her?

We have gone to the beach, pools, do lots of boating on her boat, and have sex... but in all such cases, I either wear closed toe water shoes or socks. I sleep in socks.

She questioned me one time on why I don't walk around barefoot, and I just told her I don't like the feeling of being barefoot, and that was the end of that. No further inquires, in over 2 years.

I need to tell her and work on this issue. I know it's a psychological issue. I was quite ridiculed when I was younger and I think it really got to me. Yeah, it's in the back of my mind that she will say "eww - I'm out" but honestly it's not that likely. And if it is, then probably a good thing I will find this out sooner than later.

Other than the toes, I'm a decent looking guy. I'm in my late 20s, I play lots of basketball and tennis, cycle about 50 miles a week, and I take care of myself.

I thought about getting surgery to have them separated, but I was made the way I am and it doesn't bother me (except mentally) so I think they will stay. Even the Dr. said why go through with surgery, pain, etc when they don't inhibit anything. So other than not being able to wear those ugly Vibram FiveFinger Shoes - no point in going through with the surgery.

Any advice/thoughts/suggestions? Ladies, how would you react?

Here are some pics....
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  94.5 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  94.7 KB

Oh good lord. Seriously?

My mom has two webbed toes on each foot... so what?

Huh. I was expecting duck feet that you could paddle with. Didn't know that's what "webbed toes" meant. It really doesn't look that bad, bud.

Also, I once dated a guy who had no toenails on his pinkie toes. And one of my best friends has only one testicle. Never was a problem for either of them.
    Last edited by marzipan.banana; 28-06-12 at 03:50 AM.

I think you should just be honest and tell her.
    She might get a bit surprised after seeing it, but she will most likely accept this for who you are if she really loves you.
    But you could be right that, she probably will get upset because you didn't tell her about it earlier.

i don't think she will get upset that you didn't tell her because she will understand why you weren't so open about it but i definitely think you should tell her.
    If it were me i would be completely ok with it because webbed or not feet are gross lol and if she can't handle it then you shouldn't be with someone that vein anyway!!

LOL !! This is hilarious

I'd love to have webbed feet. If youre Gf is worth 2 shits she wont care Haha!!

It is not really an issue is it? Or it shouldn't be.
    I have a great big scar on my stomach. Do I care? Does my GF care? NO.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aquaman, I thought you were going to say you can communicate with dolphins. I'm disappointed.

Get your skin cut. Minor surgery. Unless it helps with your swim lap time. Anything else?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

If I were your girlfriend, I would laugh (not because they look funny), hug you and say "Dork. You should have told me this a long time ago. No big deal." You'll be fine.

zay is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    don't worry bout it. really. women look at shoes on men not feet :0

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell her, like the others said if she's worth anything as a partner she's not going to give a damn. Everyone has their little flaws.

You would know by now if she was a superficial person, and that should be the only reason you would feel worried.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

If you just own it and present it as something you find pretty gosh darn cool about yourself, then she will most likely be fine with it. Webbed toes are hardly anything to be ashamed of!

honestly if she loves you, which obviously she does, she won't care! she'll probably just comfort you and feel bad that you didn't tell her sooner.. that's what i'd do anyways

Honestly surgery will do wonders for your self esteem.

I want to tell you that IF you GF love you enough,she will love you all of thing,It is no problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast