+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is she really stronger?

Is she really stronger?

I made fun of a lady because she is practicing muaythai since 6 years. She claimed she can beat me up easily. I made fun of her - she got angry and suggested to prove it to me. Of course i agreed - she is just a woman - looks like a girly girl! Now i am not sure anymore whether this was a clever idea. Can anyone tell me if i have a chance?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is a lose/lose situation for you. Either SHE wins and you look like a wimp, or YOU win and you just beat up a girl.

Stupid.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    This is a lose/lose situation for you. Either SHE wins and you look like a wimp, or YOU win and you just beat up a girl.

Stupid.
    I wouldnt beat her up. I just want to show her that she is just a girl. I am afraid what happens when she wins.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hope you are a gracious loser. Nothing is worse than a man who asks for a thrashing, and pouts like a baby when he gets one.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It's not always about strength, but about technique. That's why there are self defense courses for women....to take down an attacker of any size.

I hope she knees him in the family jewels. Sounds like he deserves it.

Yeah, it's like Smakie said, technique > strength. Is she really stronger? No, probably not, you'd probably beat her in an arm wrestling contest assuming you're a decent sized guy. But that often means little in a fight. Ever see the first UFC tournament? The winner was the smallest guy that entered.

If she's been training since she was 6 then she's likely VERY good at what she does. You probably won't get anywhere near her. A few of those kicks will probably have you crying for your mommy, and by the sounds of it you deserve it.

Vashti is right, this is a lose/lose situation for you. Regardless of what you think the outcome would be you should have just kept your opinion to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay19 View Post
    Yeah, it's like Smakie said, technique > strength. Is she really stronger? No, probably not, you'd probably beat her in an arm wrestling contest assuming you're a decent sized guy. But that often means little in a fight. Ever see the first UFC tournament? The winner was the smallest guy that entered.

If she's been training since she was 6 then she's likely VERY good at what she does. You probably won't get anywhere near her. A few of those kicks will probably have you crying for your mommy, and by the sounds of it you deserve it.

Vashti is right, this is a lose/lose situation for you. Regardless of what you think the outcome would be you should have just kept your opinion to yourself.
    I am not really afraid of her. Finally we will not fight to muaythai rules. So it is a disadvantage for her. She is smaller than me. Diadvantage for her. She is a woman. Disadvantage for her.
    Sorry but how is a small girly girl (she wears pink high heels)stronger than me. BTW I wrote her that I dont hit woman. Maybe that will help.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hope she kicks your butt. Shame on you for making fun of someone's recreation.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Hmm, size and strength are almost entirely irrelevant if the proper tactics and techniques are implemented to exploit your opponent's weaknesses. It's also why wars can be won even against seemingly impossible odds. I'd say your disadvantage would be in your ignorance and likely your underestimation, which are pretty significant disadvantages here.

Now I am a little bit concerned. She wrote to me she will make me beg for mercy. I apologized to her but she didnt accept it.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Take your lumps, bigmouth. lol.

No, seriously, you should simply apologize to her for making fun of her art. If she takes it with any seriousness, she won't pursue it. Violence in MA (which I don't think thai KB is, tho) is supposed to be a last resort. You could tell her this.

Otherwise, I suggest an open sparring round with a time limit. She will probably get a few good licks in, sounds like, and then everyone is happy.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Take your lumps, bigmouth. lol.

No, seriously, you should simply apologize to her for making fun of her art. If she takes it with any seriousness, she won't pursue it. Violence in MA (which I don't think thai KB is, tho) is supposed to be a last resort. You could tell her this.

Otherwise, I suggest an open sparring round with a time limit. She will probably get a few good licks in, sounds like, and then everyone is happy.
    First apologize sincerely then fight her to see what happens. You were an asshole so its only fair. Please report back

You "want to show her that she is just a girl", I think she is very much aware that she is female without you having to point it out to her. I hope she kicks your ass cause you deserve it.

There hundreds of ways to beat you even if shes no black belter. It's rude to make fun of people especially girls. You should go and apologize.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast