+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys- what does this mean!?

Guys- what does this mean!?

Hey guys, I need your advice!

About a month ago my bf of 3 year broke up with me because his new job with the police was too time consuming and emotionally straining. His first real shift was on the weekend so i texted him asking how it went. He responded by asking me to go for coffee so he could tell me all about it. We went for coffee and stayed for about 2 hours. The entire time he was telling me all the details of his new job. BUT one thing I noticed he mentioned lots was that he was being approached by lots of girls (who doesn't love a man in a uniform?). Obviously this isn't exactly something I wanted to hear and I made it pretty clear that I was uncomfortable with that topic.. i mean, it's really only been a month since we broke up.

ANYWAYS, I was wondering if you could tell me why he would mention other girls? Is he trying to make me jealous? But more importantly, do you think this means that he still has feelings for me? I mean it was him who texted me first that day and again it was him who asked me for coffee!

PLEASE HELP. I am sooo confused and would love a man's opinion on this situation!

Thanks!

Here is a man who has new-found powers over the opposite sex since he notices that he's getting a lot of attention from girls. Unfortunately, this is bad news for you, his ex. He is not thinking about you but he is thinking about how to get the hottest girl out of the bunch to have sex with him. He's also trying to keep you on the side just in case things don't work out.

My advice would be to go into no-contact mode with him and work on yourself. Get a hobby.

this is obvious hes gonna start to game other chicks.

move on..

Yeah, he's so so busy that he's got no choice but to end a perfectly good relationship. And he's so incredibly busy he can spare 2 hours to have coffee. Listen honey, it's just so much bullshite. He's lost interest in you.

I think you're over-analyzing his words. He's probably just noticing more attention so he's getting excited, probably. But if he broke up with you for a job, I think you should just move on. Sorry.