+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Caught my 15 year old sister having sex. Should I tell my parents?

Caught my 15 year old sister having sex. Should I tell my parents?

To make a long story short. My sister has been dating one of my "friends" for almost a month now. I didn't like it all at first but I know she cares for him. I also know he cares for her. I've seen how they are together and they have a good relationship at least a lot better than most teenagers I know. However, I caught them having sex in her room by accident yesterday. I didn't say anything and I yelled at my sister when he left. She told me that what does is her business and so on. I threatened to tell mom & dad. She went absolutely berserk. Our parents are somewhat strict and haven't the slightest clue about her sex life. Her boyfriend also came back later and apologized to me and assured me that he was being 'safe'. I don't wanna make my sister hate me but I'm not comfortable with her having sex. Should I tell my parents to make them stop? I'm 17. She's 15. Her boyfriend is 17 also.

I agree with you that your sister is too young to be having sex. I agree with her that it's none of your business. You're not her father or mother. Now you have to snitch on her or else share some of the blame if she gets pregnant. She is going to lose her boyfriend and hate you for a long time.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

It's her business not yours. If you tell your parents you might ruin your relationship with your sister forever. If in the worst case she gets pregnant then it's not your responsibility.

knowing me i would have beat him senseless lol .. but yeah its her business man, just tell her to be safe with sex, condom etc, but damn i would have beat hes ass jaja

Excellent advice. Senseless violence is of course always the answer to any problem.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know if you should tell or not; will your parents abuse her physically or emotionally if you do? The thing is, 17 year olds cant be relied on to be responsible, and even less-so a 15 year old, and the risks involved in having unprotected sex are very high, both medically and emotionally. If I were her mother, I would want to know.

On the other hand, if you fear for her safety if your parents find out, the very least you should do is to take her to Planned Parenthood and ensure she is using birth control pills in addition to condoms (to reduce the risk of STDs).
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

So is this the same guy whos cheating on her too? referring to your other post. You seem to love telling on people

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how old are you and do you have sex?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

A 17yr old cant do the deed with a 15 yr old, not in my country anyway. This is a perfect blackmailing opportunity. You cant stop your sister being slutty, so you might as well make a few bob off her bf. I reckon a couple of hundred bucks should be enough to buy your silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Excellent advice. Senseless violence is of course always the answer to any problem.
    It would certainly be the answer to some of your terrible advice.

sadie_genie Guest
    If your parents won't abuse her or stone her to death (as some parents do to their kids in such circumstances), tell your parents! A 15 year old shouldn't be having sex.

You keep open topics about your sister. dont you have homework to do?

take your drama to your momma! problem solve! when she gets pregnant they will know anyway.

and i think you are jealous or have noting to do with your free time. cause every topic is about your sister and what she do with her bf.
    tell your parents or keep it to yourself. dont have to open a topic about everything she do.