+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Buff Guys w Overweight Girls?

Buff Guys w Overweight Girls?

Hey guys, so this is a little awkward being that this is my first thread in a forum... But ive had something on my mind for a while and I need some help here....

I am female and growing up my family was friends with another family until we all lost touch about 10 years ago....
    Now I have recently got in touch with one of the guys in that family who used to be really overweight but now has ship shaped up and is looking amazing..
    I have not seen him and he has not seen me (but over fb)
    I am a beautiful girl (really!) but my midsection is overweight and im insecure about it.
    Now we have been flirting and things over texts and fb. He knows what I look like but of course fb pics are more flattering than in rl.
    But now he wants to meet up and im scared, and Im nervous, and I cannot shake this insecurity feeling of I don't deserve it, or im not good enough, or he should be dating some tall blonde fit woman, not a 5 foot latina with a gut HAHAH

How can i get through this?
    Do fit men HAVE to go for fit women
    Is weight even an issue?

Help me out

It's all preference. How big of a gut are we talking? I will say that Latin women tend to do chubby better than any other group of people, so you got that working for you. You're 5' tall, how much do you weigh? Either way I think you should go out with him, and see how things go. Just don't get your expectations up too high, too early...but that should be standard, no matter who you're dating.

Nonie...

I am on the other side. I have exactly the same problem, yet it involves YOU. I know what he is going through right now, and I have to say he's not going to do very well in the future if you don't allow yourself to give a part of you to him.

I am in his shoes, I asked a girl out ( she is a bit overweight ) and she has been saying no for 3 times in a row. We know eachother for 1,5 months now and everything about her is absolutly gorgeous. I don't care about her weight, I like her a lot. We flirt a lot, we have seen eachother fully on webcam, yet she refuses to see me in real life. It's because of insecurity and she really takes in other people opinions.

You need to get over your insecurity, you are worth it. I am slim ( not buffed ) like the man that asked you out and the worst you can do now is not giving eachother a chance. Please, save him from the torture I'm going through now and tell yourself you're worth it. You are worth it, take a shot and go out without expecting anything at all.

sadie_genie Guest
    He will probably try to encourage you to work out with him and eat ridiculously bland food. Are you ready to change your lifestyle for him?

Why do people think by being fit makes you superficial? And why do people think that everyone will always pick the most buff to be with? It's a load of s hit. It is about preference yes! I agree with Backup on that. Everyone is different in what they find attractive, and preference doesn't stay the same either. It all depends how you feel about that person. There also will be certain things or qualities about them that you really like on them and not on others. So relax and enjoy your date. Just be positive and up beat and the rest will take care of itself.

Oh hell no.

I prefer women that aren't sticks. The exaggerated hourglass is pretty much my ideal. There are lots of men like me.

I'm betting that you're only a little overweight, and stressing about something that's insignificant.

Will he go for you sexually. Will he be turned off by your body shape. Well we really can't help because we don't know what's going on in his mind do we? Some men like fat women and some don't.

It depends on what you look like. Not sure where you live, but go to a beach or swimming area, take note of what kind of people are together, you'll find they are usually similar.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest