+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I try AGAIN or end it forever?!

Should I try AGAIN or end it forever?!

I am 23 years old, I have been with my husband since I was 16, married since I was 19. We have been separated several times for his infidelity. This time has been the longest separation, we've been separated for a year and a half. We have always been crazy about each other and very much in love, however, he could never be faithful so we could never just be happy and love each other. The past year and a half we have communicated via text on and off. He sends messages saying how he knows that he lost the best thing that has ever happened to him and he still loves me very much and will do anything to make it work. I have tried to move on and dated and no one ever touches my heart like he does. I cant give anyone a chance because I always think about my husband. We have been talking more and more lately, he tells me that we were just very young and now he knows the meaning and values of having me in his life. He has learned so much in the past year and a half and says he will do anything to fix our marriage. He said we could start marriage counseling to help mend our relationship and help me with my doubts and trust issues. I don't know what the best thing is to do. If I tried again I may always think about the past and worry about the future, however, I also feel that I will never love and care about anyone as deeply as I love and care for him and possibly end up regretting my decision if I choose to not give him a chance. Advice would be greatly appreciated I feel like I'm at a fork in the road in my life and I have no idea which path to take. I don't want to make the wrong decision and regret it forever.

Thank you so much for your time and advice.

your 23 and not happy. your too young to be married....worst thing you need is ending up prego with his kids if you choose to continue it and it fails again.

you should get divorced and find someone who wants to not do shady things behind your back.

You need to move on. You never really had a chance to grow up and experience life as an individual. This would be your opportunity to experince life on your own and discover who YOU really are and not someone's husband.

I agree with oldskool. You married way too young. You have missed out on a lot. You are still young, get a divorce and live life.

Yes, give him another chance. Your separation might have jolted some sense into him. It is possible for people to have an epiphany and completely turn their life around. And if you don't let him have another chance, you'll always wonder if had you given him that chance that it could have worked. For closure purposes, I think another chance is necessary. Because what will most likely happen if you don't give him this chance now is, you will do it later on. So, this would be kind of backwards. And your giving him a chance later on would be more risky, since the older you get, the less time you have for experiments.
    Last edited by toknow; 12-07-12 at 03:50 AM.

He has probably grown up a bit, but it seems unlikely that he is ready to be a responsible husband and father yet.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.