+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do?

What to do?

I'm really in love with this girl but don't know where she stands.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated!!

I'll try to be as brief and non-boring as possible:

She started working at same place as me 2 summers ago. Something about her always clicked with me.
    Shes quite reserved and shy... hard to get to know, and I dont think shes dated before.

She then got her friend a job at same division as me and the 3 of us started going out for lunch and such, and i slowly got to know her better.

As we are both students, I started asking her to come to the library with me after work.
    She would do this and it became our little routine.
    I really felt like we were beginning to connect and such, and I knew I had to ask her out soon or it could be a missed chance!!

Then one day she brings another guy with her to the library.
    But he didnt stay long and left, so i was like whatever.
    That day as we were walking to our cars I asked if she would like to catch a movie after finals.
    She said yes, and everything seemed awesome....

Then the next week at usual time I hit her up to do same library routine
    she takes forever to respond and says "sure"
    This time she brings that guy again... and it almost seemed like she was flirting with him behind me
    I asked her if she wanted to take a study break but she said no, and we all ended up walking to our cars together....

Anyways, I felt really humiliated that day... and essentially heart broken.
    Maybe I was being super sensitive? either way it hurt

after that I stopped hitting her up but we were both supposed to grade a science fair
    That day she was the most friendly with me ever, getting physically close and seemed like flirting with me.
    I definitely liked it , but was cautious she was just playing me?

Next she invited me to her graduation party and I invited her to my house for a BBQ the next day
    Her whole family was at her party and so was that dude... i wanted to play it cool
    he was sweating her hard during the whole party, like wherever she went he was there.
    and she was having some after party but i just left with some friends to go elsewhere.

The next day she came to my house with her cousin, and met my sister and cousin.
    Stayed a couple hours and left... I still didnt know where I stood with her.

The next time I saw her at work I asked her if she still wanted to catch a movie
    She gave it a thought but said shes booked cuz shes going the beach for the weekend and other stuff....
    so i was like just let me know.... she said ok

after that I felt like crap.... my sister told me to cool off, and i figured it just wasnt to be
    I tried to shut the feelings I had for her out, and it began to work.... until...
    I bump into her at work last week.

i wanted to play it cool but she was carrying the conversation.
    i asked her whats new she said nothing and got all shy
    she said shes kinda depressed these days and wondering what to do with her life.
    I feel pretty much the same!

So anyways...... that kinda restarted my fire.
    Theres really no way words can describe this situation, only she and I know.
    And I'll never know unless I hit her up!!!!!
    man,,,,, this girl is in my heart and brain I just needed an outlet..

what do you guys think?
    Thank you.

Well, doesn't seem she is into you much, because she would have NEVER brought that guy there. Unless, she was doing it to make you jealous, but it's doubtful. Maybe she doesn't know you that well yet, and things for her haven't clicked yet, but be very cautious, because it seems to me she is just hanging out with you as a friend at least at this point - this could change. I'm picking up a friend vibe from her, but this is from the info you've told, I'm sure there is much more to this, but this is my first impression.

For you to have any peace at this moment you have to think of her as just a friend and not dwell in your fantasies of her. BUT, the fantasies are fun, but they come with pain attached to them. It's up to you. I'd say, why not dream - it's better to have loved and lost...you know what I'm saying. But, prepare for the hardship.
    Last edited by toknow; 12-07-12 at 09:36 AM.

thanks for the feedback.

I hear you... just dont get why shed say yes when i asked her out

well i can keep speculating, ill hit her up tomorrow and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    Well, doesn't seem she is into you much, because she would have NEVER brought that guy there. Unless, she was doing it to make you jealous, but it's doubtful. Maybe she doesn't know you that well yet, and things for her haven't clicked yet, but be very cautious, because it seems to me she is just hanging out with you as a friend at least at this point - this could change. I'm picking up a friend vibe from her, but this is from the info you've told, I'm sure there is much more to this, but this is my first impression.

For you to have any peace at this moment you have to think of her as just a friend and not dwell in your fantasies of her. BUT, the fantasies are fun, but they come with pain attached to them. It's up to you. I'd say, why not dream - it's better to have loved and lost...you know what I'm saying. But, prepare for the hardship.
    Pretty much agree with all of this. It's cool to fantasize just don't build that fantasy into some sort of expected reality that may result in huge disappointment. Proceed with caution etc.
    I Have Burgled Your Hams.