+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need some advise PLEASE!!!

I need some advise PLEASE!!!

i really like this girl at work shes 19 im and im 24. whenever were at work we always talk to each other and she always looks me in my eyes it seems like shes
    looking into me. a month ago we talked on facebook for 3hour 12am-330am. also when were at work ive seen her looking at me from across the store. the other
    night when we were at work she looked at my watch and she really liked it and was like "when are u buying me a watch, you should buy it for my birthday" so the next day i went to macys to buy a watch for her it was $267 also the other co-worker told me she also liked these pens they were $6 so i bought those to yeah i know.... the next day when i saw her she said she couldnt accept the watch cause it was really expensive but she really liked it and said she was only joking abt me buying her a watch. it made things awkward for me but she said she was fine and ignored the whole thing ever happened. the next day we worked the same
    shift i only said hi and by to her the whole day and didnt look at her and put my head down when i walked passed her. so she then tells the other coworker how i ignored her and she didnt like that and she wants me to treat her normally like i use to and also said i was a really nice guy and she likes talking to me and wants to be friends or she wont talk to me ever again. i texted my other co-worker to tell her thats its going to be really hard for me to talk to her and ill try and she
    said i better try hard. i havent seen her in 10 days cause our schedule doesnt match. and she mentions me at work when im not there saying how nice i am.

so i was thinking the next time i see her at work i should only talk to her about work related stuff and nothing personal. and with the rest of the co-workers i should be happy and laugh and make her a little jealous. i dont wanna get stuck in the friend zone with her i wanna be more then friends.

i really like her alot im always checking the schedule when shes working next and i miss her alot and when im work im only thinking about her...so please help me out

"a month ago we talked on facebook for 3hour 12am-330am"
    That's a very good sign!

she looked at my watch and she really liked it and was like "when are u buying me a watch, you should buy it for my birthday"
    That's usually a good sign, too, but sometimes friends do this, too.

LOL...I can't believe you bought her a three hundred dollar watch and you barely know her! You seem like a generous person, that's a very good quality.

The reason why things got awkward was that the watch represents your affection for her. You might as well have handed her a love letter. She didn't accept it, so to you it was like she didn't accept your affection. But, just because she didn't accept the watch doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't want your affection. The wanting you as a friend comment was troubling, because it might have made it clear that she wants you as a friend only and that could be the case, but it's doubtful because I don't see her talking to someone for 3 hours not being interested in them. Neither men, nor women will talk that long to someone unless they are already a very good friend they hang out with, the conversation is extremely good and/or they are interested romantically.

As I said asking for you to buy her the watch, is done to friends, but most often it is done to people you are attracted to. The latter is done when you want the person to show a gesture of affection for you, means "you should show me that you like me" It's almost testing the waters while letting the other person know you are interested (even if you don't intend to show them you are interested), but it's so faint, that no matter what the reaction it does not hurt the feelings of the one asking.

Where you went wrong is, you showed weakness. What you showed is that if she turns you down, you will are hurt by it and make things awkward for her. You have to fix this. And I don't think it will happen by ignoring her. Also, your timing could have been better. You should have bought it for her birthday, not just because. If you had done that, I think she would have kept and really appreciated it. By, giving it to her for nothing you could have made her feel like a freeloader by accepting such an expensive gift, for no occasion. And also if she doesn't have romantic feelings towards you, it would have made her feel like she owes you affection.

You need to be, light and funny with her now to get both of you back to Noawkward Land.
    Last edited by toknow; 12-07-12 at 06:54 PM.

Well I don't think you should try to make her jealous if you really like her that will just make the situation even more awkward between you both and if you want her to like you back you shouldn't. Try to hurt her feelings. Just start all over kinda be nice say hi ask her how she is doing when you see her be polite this will let her know your interested and if not you should make a friendship with her. First the best relationships start tthis. Way. You can let her know once you get to know eachother better. Good luck:-)

First of all thank you for ur answer...when we talked on Facebook I only knew her for 3weeks

Quote Originally Posted by uahmad View Post
    First of all thank you for ur answer...when we talked on Facebook I only knew her for 3weeks
    Yes, that's good. You didn't really know each other that well and you talked for so long.

Any update on the situation?

just found out today she has a boyfriend!!! wtf!!! what do i do now??

just found out today she has a boyfriend!!! wtf!!! what do i do now??
    Ask her for the watch back?

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Ask her for the watch back?
    she never accepted it in the the first place cause she said it was to expensive....so what now

she has a boyfriend and he recently moved to another country (Bosnia)

only in america.

I just love these posts. I don't have TV so can't watch disfunctional idiots on the Jeremy Kyle show but I can hear their stories here without needing a TV license. Excellent value for money.

she never accepted it in the the first place cause she said it was to expensive....so what now
    There is no "what now?". She has a boyfriend, the game is over.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley