+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused as to whether he's interested or if I should give up

Confused as to whether he's interested or if I should give up

I like this guy. He asked me out through a dating site about a month ago. We met before then and had become facebook friends like a year ago but I never thought he was interested. We had a great first date and then I proceeded to mess things up. 3 days or so after our date I got impatient and asked him out for a second date. He said yes and we had dinner. Fast forward 4 more days and I got impatient and asked him out AGAIN. I know I should have waited but I didn't. He responded back that he wanted to go out again but he wasn't really looking for anything serious right now. At that point I figured that I had acted too eager and he was backing away so I told him I understood and we could be friends.

That's not what has me confused. Since then we've done this weird thing on Facebook where we either like or comment on the other's activity everyday. He usually initiates this. I don't get it. I like him so I respond in kind. I haven't asked him out, he hasn't asked me out. We've had a couple texting conversations, one he's initiated, one I've initiated.

Sometimes I get the urge to text him or to ask him out again, but I resist it. I'm thinking his interest is low (moderate at best) and that he's still in contact with me probably out of boredom but I've never really been good at reading the intentions of men. Male perspective?

Hes just not that into you

Thanks for confirming.