+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need help with an awkward start!

Need help with an awkward start!

Hey, guys.
    Well my story is a little bit of a tragedy and a some awkward moments here and there, so feel free to hit the back button if you're not up for it.
    This girl is of the same age as me currently, and is staying in Maryland (an hour drive from where I live). She unfortunately tends to move around a lot, due to her father's occupation in the government. For that reason, we resort to face to face options (IE: Skype) occasionally and whenever possible, we try to entice our inexorable parents to let us meet.

She and I have had a relationship that's hard to verbalize over the years. We, according to our mothers, had a very "close" (loosely speaking) bond in the first six, seven years of our life, until she was forced to move yet once again. We supposedly even made an oath to marry without any doubts. I don't perceive this as much, but then again I think how many childhood memories still stay fresh in our minds even as we grow older.

Then the watershed moment was when her two year old younger brother, whom she had cherished so dearly at the time, fell ten, yes ten, tragic and horrible stories from an apartment to his untimely death. One could only imagine the shock and scars it would leave on one's family if a member died with such an unthinkable end. Even the girl's mother attempted suicide but managed to persevere with the thought of her daughter being left alone in the world.

As you can see, she has been through quite a roller coaster. As a result, she is frequently insecure and diffident, but I do my best to cheer her up in the most modest way I can. For example, I would never say she is "the most beautiful girl in the world," because that's just idealistic and probably isn't true (Lying is the worst thing in my opinion. Instead, I would always try to encourage her to look on the bright side of things in any way possible.

We met for the first time in eleven years two days ago at the national art gallery (Moms chose this place >_<) and it was, in my opinion, one of the fastest friendships that I had ever seen. At first, we were reluctant to talk, me being distracted by her little sister's eager questions, and her who was supposedly indulging in the fine art. Later, she told me that she was actually eavesdropping over the conversation between me and her little sister and that she found it really funny. The whole day after that, we spent about three or four hours at my house and time flew by as we chatted away, getting acquainted in each other's presence. It was a shame we had to say goodbye in such a memorable event, but there was no other way at the moment.

Currently, like I said before, we regularly resort to Skype. She's constantly worrying over me and hoping that she isn't distracting my studies, but rest assured, I reassert her once again. Her comments are always deviant (indirect) in a way that, she is never assertive and active, rather, she tries to evoke thoughts into me. In a way, she is just like me. I also try not to talk to much in normal situations and try to keep day-to-day conversations as brief and concise as possible. It was also surprising to know how much we had in common in our little talks.

Yesterday, she and I stayed up till around 3:30 AM, 4:00 AM ish just to talk. She repeatedly kept asking me if I had any female friends so to speak. I thought the most important moment was when I asked her "What makes you feel the happiest?"
    She replied, "Why?"
    I said, "You just seem like you need someone to cheer you up haha"
    She then replied, "Well, I wouldn't want that person to be you"
    I said, "I understand, but there's no burden in helping out a friend, is there?"
    She said, "Well..depends..I'll tire you to death so don't tempt me"
    I said, "well, I'll listen to death then xD"
    Then the conversation ended as I said that she needed some rest since it was getting too late, she replied by thanking me for trying to help out.

Who knew how much could happen in a day or two? I had and still have a feeling that she may just be the other half of me. I also feel an innate responsibility to help her whenever possible because of all she's been through.

I'm sorry for all the gratuitous details, but I deeply appreciate you all who read in taking the time out of your precious lives to read this silly tale. Please give me advice! Thank you!

Can someone reply please?

What's the question? How old are you?

time will tell whether she is for u or not..... that's all u can do is keep dating and be patient*

We're both 16 at the moment. I'm just in need of advice of what things I could/should do to make her feel less insecure