+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should the next step be

What should the next step be

I have been seeing this girl for about a month now. When I say "seeing" I mean we have hung out a few times and have gotten close (no sex yet though). She is giving me mixed signals a bit... she is shy by nature, but I sense she is on the fence with me. On Friday she came over for a fire and ended up staying the night. We slept together (actually slept with no sex) and got close... we talked for hours and hours and I told her as she was leaving that I wanted to take her out on an actual romantic date. I told her to tell me what would be a good time for that. She said "ok" and we message eachother every day and she seems interested.... at least a little, sometimes I get this "colder" sort of vibe from her. I think she is on the fence right now.

I guess I am asking...what should a guy do to progress this? Should I be more assertive and tell her I am taking her out to a specific place and then ask if that's a good time.... or should I just sit back and let her bring it up? I don't want to come across as too pushy or needy, and given the fact I actually get nervous around this girl (yes I realize I'm not 16, but it happens) I don't want to be awkward with it too. What do you suggest?

Ask her out. That's what you should do. The girl is clearly interested in you, but as we all are, maybe she's a bit scared. Fear won't take you anywhere, dear, and i you wait too long, you could lose her. Plan something nice and ask her out. 100% sure she'll say yes.