+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I get in touch with ex?

Should I get in touch with ex?

Last night I had a dream about an ex of mine. We broke up over two years ago in pretty bad circumstances, after a short but intense relationship.

There was a lot of bad feeling and we both felt like the other person had treated us badly. After reflection, I realise that while she wasn't blameless,I was mostly in the wrong. I've tried to move on although I still feel some guilt about it. Last night, in the dream, we got back together. When I
    woke up I realised how much I still have feelings for her, and how much I would like that dream to come true. Normally it would be an easy
    decision just to get back in touch and see if she is interested, but there is one problem: she has a boyfriend. A mutual friend has told me that she
    doesn't always seem very happy with the relationship, but they just moved in together and on facebook it looks like they are doing pretty well
    together.

What do you think I should do? Should I leave the past in the past, or should I get in touch? And if so, what should I say?

Leave it in the past. She has a new BF. If she was single I'd say go for it, but you don't wanna be a homewrecker now matter how much you 'think' she isn't happy (which is just hearsay).
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Dude it was just a dream. Dreams don't always mean what they are perceived as. It's possible that your subconscious is telling you how lonely you are and long to have someone in your life and not about getting back with your ex.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rororachy View Post
    There was a lot of bad feeling and we both felt like the other person had treated us badly. After reflection, I realise that while she wasn't blameless,I was mostly in the wrong. I've tried to move on although I still feel some guilt about it. Last night, in the dream, we got back together. When I
    woke up I realised how much I still have feelings for her, and how much I would like that dream to come true.

Normally it would be an easy decision just to get back in touch and see if she is interested, but there is one problem: she has a boyfriend.
    Sounds like you are on your way to an epiphany. But your moral compass needs a tweak. What you are considering is selfish.

Regret is the price you pay for the growth that comes from your past mistake. Trying to get back with an ex who is seeing someone else is a major step backwards. Even if you succeed in breaking them up you will never feel good about it and will just end up split again.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Not often, but a year or more after my wife and I split I still had waking dreams about being with her. I was never really sure what to make of that, and I never told my GF.

You are too emotionally attached when you should have moved on.