+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I trust too easily. Do I have the right to be upset?

I trust too easily. Do I have the right to be upset?

Hi,

Last year I liked a man and asked him to hang out. It just turned into mixed signals and a physical relationship. He became a huge jerk to me and told me he would never want to be with me. I have never felt so worthless in my life. He had talked badly about his ex girlfriend and told me he just couldn't handle a relationship because she was a monster. I went to high school with her so it wasn't hard to believe. A year later we started talking again and he tells me how he has an anxiety disorder and felt bad for how he treated me. He said what he did to me what selfish and he had a lot of insecurities. He even told me his relationship with his ex was based on insecurities. He would dump her to find someone better and when that girl rejected him he went back to his ex to feel better about himself. He said she would take him back because she felt like no one would ever want to be with her. He told me he wanted to take me out on a date and make it up to me. a week later he cancels and he tells me he ran into his ex again and wanted to work on things with her. He thinks it was all his fault for their horrible relationship. He told me to get out of his life so he could make her feel better. This man told me that I was supportive and nicer to him than he ever deserved and maybe one day he would make it up to me. That day wasn't anytime soon though. Do I have a right be to be angry about this? I trusted him and was there for him. She ignored him for a year and a half. He doesn't even know if he wants to be with her.

Yes. He is using you. When she kicks him to the curb, you are there to pick him back up. I'm sorry to be harsh, but you were, are, and will likely always be his rebound. Seriously, for the sake of your dignity, don't ever talk to him again....

Thanks. He told me after he canceled our date that he never had any intention of being with me. He said I couldn't be around because she wouldn't like it. I listened to him and was supportive. I think it was really disrespectful to tell me how I needed to get out of his life since he needs to make it up to her. Even his friends don't want her with him because she caused him so much stress.

Exactly. He USES you. Go find someone who WANTS to be with you hun. Just because those closest to him know that woman is no good for him, doesn't mean he will listen. He loves her for some stupid reason, and is missing something good. He will never be what you want him to be, you will never make him realize that she is no good for him, and until you put a stop to it, you will continue to be his doormat.