+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Contraception

Contraception

Hi ladies.

my girlfriend and I will be engaging in our first physical relations. (not first time ever but first time in the relationship)
    of course, im excited.

We are actually heading towards the marriage route i.e have a future together.

anyway.... protection will be used.
    she doesnt want to take "the pill". I therefore will be wearing a condom.

problem:

condoms can split.

I also want to be able to.... release inside her. she wants that too at some stage but obviously its a risk in terms of pregnancy. we dont want any kids.

I know UK and American contraceptions differ for women. She is American. So question is, what can she use "safely"?

over here in the UK, a woman can get a coil put inside her. But apperently this is not known in the US or if so, very very little.

advice is appreciated

Try a contraceptive sponge walgreens.com/store/c/today-vaginal-contraceptive-sponge/ID=prod5883290-product or the Nuva ring nuvaring.com/Consumer/index.asp

BTW contraception is the same world wide. Yes an IUD is available in the US and Canada and everywhere else and has been for decades but is not recommend for young women who plan to get pregnant in the future. she can have complications and bad side affects with this type of birth control so it would be not advised. Plus when an IUD is removed the process is quite painful from what some of my friends have told me.

Tip: You should never use condoms on their own. You should be using a contraceptive foam with a condom.

Her best option is to go to a parent planning/women's clinic to discuss her options and educate her on proper use of birth control with a certified healthcare provider.....in fact you need to go as well....you most certainly need to learn about these things before you "release in her".
    Last edited by smackie9; 28-07-12 at 03:36 PM.

You want to release in her? Wait til you get married.

well exactly. she is cautious of it because of the risks/cancer etc...

****It is a fact that it does help reduce the risk of getting ovarian cancer (which is more deadly than breast cancer), but everyone is different in their opinion about the pill. I took it for about 25 years and had no problem with it.

The risks for cancer very very low these days compared to 20- 40+ years ago. They are such low dosage, the side affects are minimal. You are at high risk when taking it at the age mid 30's and if they smoke. You can get cancer from most anything these days, and with all medication they have to have the warning on all drug products, no matter how minimal the risk is, by law. IMO people are being too cautious and denying themselves the true benefit of using this product.

By far it is still the best form of birth control for her to use.