+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Incest Wrong?

Why is Incest Wrong?

So my parents and I had a falling out just a few hours ago over curfew issues. My mother confiscated my phone and decided to look through my texts and pictures. And that's how she discovered that I've been in a relationship with my cousin - yes, her sister's son - for quite some time now.

I just don't understand why cousins are considered "off limits"...it just sucks that everyone makes such a big deal of this kind of thing. I get crap from other people who are aware of this other than my parents, too, but we don't care. I may have been in love with this boy since childhood.....my earliest memory of us sexually experimenting together, we were about eight years old and coming back to each other on and off since then.

I mean if two people really love each other, I don't see why it matters that they share blood. I wouldn't care if he was my brother for chrissakes...it's all our family and friends that care.

And before anyone says so, although there is a slight risk, it does not automatically just cause mutations!
    Last edited by crashes; 30-07-12 at 08:21 PM.

maily due to related illnesses which can occur from family partners. ive know people who didnt know they were related and had children. its frowned uppon but once your legal of age you can do what you want. not really sure what to tell you on this topic.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    its frowned uppon but once your legal of age you can do what you want. not really sure what to tell you on this topic.
    Definitely not in my country or any other civilized country lol
    I wazzzz here

It's weird....but people do it.

Ya even in my husband's family he had cousins dating and decades ago a great uncle dated his niece lol. It is accepted in Portugal and other countries. I worked with a women that married her cousin legally and they were Portuguese.

I read a post on Dear Prudence that a man was in a relationship with his twin brother and the family was wondering when they were going find a nice male partner lol. So whatever floats your boat.

1. Incest with a first cousin is illegal in most US states. This is where you two have the same grandparents.

2. Incest with a closer cousin has a much higher chance of producing a baby that has serious birth defects, which would then be unable to take care of itself, and become a drain on the state.

Beyond that, I don't judge what you do in your own bedroom.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

In some states in the US oral and anal sex is illegal, but like that ever stopped anyone.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There are 7 billion people in the world. Do you really mean to say that there isn't a single other soul out there you could be f-cking?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    There are 7 billion people in the world. Do you really mean to say that there isn't a single other soul out there you could be f-cking?
    haha~!

TS, there are many other great guys out there... don't necessary have to go with own family related members..
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

OK my take on this one.

I belong to India, which is extremely multi-cultural (and not in the negative sense it has acquired in Britain).

1. Among moslems all over India marriages among first cousins is the norm rather than the exception.

2. Among Hindus of North India, it is strictly forbidden .. sometimes enforced via murders by members of their own family (termed as "honor killings" by media). Actually the cousins are brought up to treat first cousins just like their own siblings and an affair would shock the living daylights out of anybody (prude or no prude) as much as a two siblings f**king each other.

3. Among Hindus and Christians of south India, marriages between "mother side" cousin and "father side" cousin is allowed ... in fact encouraged. It has historically been the norm and those cousins are brought up believing that they may get married some day. Nowadays North Indian customs pervade and many younger folks are horrified at such practices.

4. Now the part I consider most sacrilegious ... in south India, marriages between a man and his sister's daughter is also quite welcome (but not with the brother's daughter). needless to say, most North Indians are appalled at this ... and this sensibility has inculcated a sense of guilt among city bred south Indians too ... so younger folks want to stay away from this practice.

OK so much for the cultural baggage. now for the specific issue of crashes.

I do not think that you will be seeing this cousin of your's for much longer. In cultures where it is forbidden, such things usually do not succeed ... after all marriage is a public thing ... and by and large it must confirm to societal conventions, deviating slightly from it not too much. else it usually fails.

so my advice to you would be to keep contact with this guy till it happens ... then move out to different cities and meet new people, both of you. you will find that after that both of you will not want to rekindle the old flames.

i think you and your cousin r ill and mentaly and moraly sick!no adult steped up to teach you guys that what you did at 8 was wrong! its wrong cause: God said so! - you can get weird illnes that cant cure! - and its wrong! i think if you think its right and step over what keep you from do it, you r able rto molest your kids also! cause you think eveeything can as long as you call it love! You need to pray to God to help you both to leave such a filty life! Their is 4 types of love!

1_ family love, 2-men and woman love ,3-freinds love, 4-love for other people(like love your neighbour). you cant mix 1 and 2! and i dont think there is love nr 2 in thre but sex and sensual desire! its wrong and you know it cause all you did was hiding! omething inside o you tells you its wrong but you dont ant to liting.

* 4 types of love between people.so that tells you that the way you deal and show love to your own blood(family) is and most be different then the ay you show it to some one you r inlove with. there cant be sexual tention between you and your family! thats wrong! how old is your cousin?

and i dont know you but sometimes victims of childmolesters (can be that same family member )can end up also doing incest and think its right cause he tought her so while molesting her as a child.

I see some people here are assuming your religious, others are assuming that you must comply with what society seems acceptable. I say do what feels right.

Having said that, the facts are that certain illnesses are common with this sort of relationship.

So i would not advise having kids with the REAL facts being what they are. But on a moral scale, well that depends on whether you live your life for others or for yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast