+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I just don't understand...what is with this girl

I just don't understand...what is with this girl

I posted a while ago about going camping with this girl...

Well everything worked out great! She was REALLY into it and even talked about future dates, etc. I mean... things worked so well I almost became skeptical.

Well my phone was broken for a about a week there. She emailed me at least 5 times a day talking about how glad she was I am in her life... how she likes me.. how I'm perfect for her, she finds me interesting, etc. She even expressed how she wants to see more than once a week (we live about 45 mins away from eachother).

So she comes over last Tuesday... everything seemed to change. Other than the introductory kiss, she was ICE COLD, the whole time. I tried to take her to a movie, that did not work because the theatre was packed so we went to my favourite watering hole. Well I was only at this bar for maybe 1.5 hours, only to get her something to eat really. We get back, my cat gets sprayed by a skunk so the whole house stinks... it ends up being awful but it is COMPLETELY out of my control. I expressed how sorry I was and I wished it could have just been me and her and how I shouldn't have taken her to the bar instead I should have made her dinner.... she was sooo emotionless.

I see her again this last weekend, we go camping with her parents! She was on and off the whole camping trip... sometimes she was into it, other times not. So on the way back I just bluntly told her "listen, I really like you and I want to take what we have to the next level.... what do you think of that". She smiled and said "ok" but other than that she was completely emotionless. So I told her I wanted to take her out on an actual date this week and I want to start dating her ongoing. I then asked her twice (once in person and once in text) if she was scared of that or not, and that it's ok to tell me what she really thinks. All she said was "I'm not scared at all". So I take that as this girl must really like me and want me to take this to the next level. I asked her to provide me a good time to take her out this week....

Yesterday she sent me maybe one or two texts, very vague and cold. Today she hasn't sent me anything... so I even asked her "is Wednesday or Thursday good"? Still no answer.... for the last 4 weeks her and I text ongoing throughout the day EVERY DAY, so this is VERY VERY unusual behaviour. She has never been like this... now she's completely ice cold. I know she has a hard time expressing herself... but OH MY GOD! I can't understand what just happened. Did I do something wrong? What is with this girl? What should I do next?

She could be talking to an old flame or her ex again.

I'd stay away and let her stew in her own juice. A woman that blows hot and cold only spells trouble.