+ Follow This Topic

Thread: EX becoming interested again?

EX becoming interested again?

Hello ladies,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. My ex fiance broke up with me about 4 months ago. Now recently, I get the feeling that she may be warming up to me again. But I am not completely sure. I have been out on a few dates within the last month or so, and my ex knew about it (I don't play games and she found out from a mutual person, I wasn't trying to make her jealous). When she found out I went on a few dates, she tried to make me jealous intentionally. I recently messaged my ex about two weeks ago to see if she wanted to meet up to catch up. She said yes right away. We sat down and caught up for a couple hours, and from what I could tell she is definitely interested. The signs I picked up on were:

1. Body language. Her body language was very open and receptive. It was like playing simon says with her. If I motioned a certain way, she would too, every single time. To me, that is a huge indicator.

2. I apologized for stuff that I did wrong during the relationship. She started crying when I aplogized.

3. She kept telling me ways she has been improving her self and her life. Especially the things that bothered me the most.

4. She told me she checks my facebook all the time.

5. She kept asking me about my love life and if i am dating anybody, she made it a point to tell me nobody is special in her life right now.

This is all that I have to go off of right now. I thought things went so well on friday that I called her on tuesday (two days ago) and said to her:

Me: Do you have plans this friday?
    her: I think I do but I can't really remember, why whats going on?
    Me: I'm coming to pick you up at 6:45
    her: for what?
    me: it's a surprise
    her: I haven't seen you in 4 months, you can't just say you are going to come pick me up.
    me: We are going to have a great time I promise, just cancel whatever you have going on
    her: I don't know if I can do that, but we'll see, I'll let you know

So this is where I am at. Sorry for it being to long. In your guys' opinion, if this enough information to start pursuing things again? Ladies, are these good signs that she is interested again? I plan to pursue it again with alittle encouragement from someone who can tell me that she is interested from the signs I listed. Thanks!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hard to say. I'm assuming you want to get back together. Your last exchange says you pushed a bit too hard.

Suggest you call her back and cancel Friday. Say something else came up (keep it mysterious, she may conclude its another girl) and you'd like to reschedule, is that okay? See if she seems disappointed or relieved.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Just wondering what made the two of you break up in the first place?

seems like she wants you back

Whatever you do, keep seeing other women. Do not stop seeing others just because your ex wants to date again. She may just be upset that you're moving on. Don't invest anything in a new relationship with her until she makes it unequivocally clear that she wants you back. I think you should text her and tell her that something else came up and you can't do today, but you'd like to get together.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 11-08-12 at 02:19 AM.

Defo pushed her with the last bit. Id do what the other poster said and text/call and say somethings come up.

You need to tip toe around her more. Being cocky and confident wont help, you need to take it slow and not push your luck.

Im kinda going through something similar. Im back im contact with my ex, only by textimg however but the signs are good, im just going to keep it casual. Dont ask her out everytime you text/talk. Be the guy she fell for and whatever you do dont pin your hopes on her as you may well get hurt again.

You guys are awesome. I wish I would have read all this before though. She replied back and said she cant make it today. I told her I wanted to take her to the orchestra, and she replied with why? She says you picked an odd time four months after we break up. Then she eventually says If we are going to be friends, we have to start off small.. I just left it at there. I think she is confused about what she wants or is just playing games. I need to start dating some more I suppose..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, she's just not that into you. You're too easy. Noone wants something that is easily won. Sorry, its an immature attitude common to young, immature women. Shrug more, date others, yes.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I agree with indireloaded. Wait a few weeks and surprise her with a dozen red roses and 6 cans. No woman wants to go to see an orchestra. They want flowers and alcohol.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No roses! Dammit we need a sticky for this point.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Why not? Unless you mean because roses are too easy.

I like to leave notes for my wife where she'll find them... eventually.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cliched and expensive. A dozen roses should be reserved for something like a milestone wedding anniversary, IMO.

Single roses okay but again, cliched. Something like this is much nicer, IMO

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 333
Size:  6.5 KB
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

it often ends in a mess and a brea p again. its ex for a reason. keep it that way.

She wants to have you back. That's it.