+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm confused, show me a way to get out!

I'm confused, show me a way to get out!

The Situation:

There was a girl whom I worked with at my previous work place. She was younger than me and we two seem to work well together. We did lot of projects together and whenever she's in need of help I was there and she was there to back me up too. We've known each other only for six months and she shared even very personal feelings with me. When I heard about she attempted suicide once, I always seem to protect her and tried to build self-confidence in her and ability to face problems with her own. She once said that she haven't any brothers and I was became one to her.

I left that work place to pursue my dreams and on the last day I saw her, when I was about to leave she had tears in her eyes and I was stunned, didn't came anything to my mind and I left. She called and texted me couple of times after 2-3 weeks asking how I am doing and wishing me good luck on my new career. Now it is almost an year since I left there and I remembers her everyday and I seem to miss her.

I have 2 questions to ask:

Did she loved me as a brother or as the lover?
    Have I fallen in love with her or did I only had sympathy for her?

people who are severely suicidal usually are introverts and socially inept. they are sick and its a sickness that does not have a cure. people who attempt suicide are seeking attention. now getting involved with someone who has those type of issues will lead to a life of mental anguish. i personally wouldnt choose to walk down that path with someone who is not mentally stable. if you had fallen in love you wouldnt be questioning it because your heart only tells you the truth. now as an adult you do have to dissect your emotions to be able to differentiate what love is and what being in love is. we all have the capabilities to love but we sometimes want to believe that its more than that which consumes us and drives us to be irrational and having no sensibility. so, i would really be careful getting involved with someone who does not have a healthy mind.

Where are you from?

And i only see in your post that you was more like a help to her.Trying to get involve every-time .
    I agree some how with the first post. I think maybe you thought by being like that to her it can end in something more.

There is no butterfly in this story only people acting to be hero and attention seekers.
    I did not see noting that really look like a in-love thing.

and she told you she see you as brother. that is hard to change.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Too late, too much time passed. Look forward, not back. Besides, she sounds unstable. Let this one go.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by helasat View Post
    The Situation:

There was a girl whom I worked with at my previous work place. She was younger than me and we two seem to work well together. We did lot of projects together and whenever she's in need of help I was there and she was there to back me up too. We've known each other only for six months and she shared even very personal feelings with me. When I heard about she attempted suicide once, I always seem to protect her and tried to build self-confidence in her and ability to face problems with her own. She once said that she haven't any brothers and I was became one to her.

I left that work place to pursue my dreams and on the last day I saw her, when I was about to leave she had tears in her eyes and I was stunned, didn't came anything to my mind and I left. She called and texted me couple of times after 2-3 weeks asking how I am doing and wishing me good luck on my new career. Now it is almost an year since I left there and I remembers her everyday and I seem to miss her.

I have 2 questions to ask:

Did she loved me as a brother or as the lover?
    Have I fallen in love with her or did I only had sympathy for her?
    Key things to know you are friend zoned.....#1 when they confide in you, they reveal personal things about themselves #2 any mention about "brother". Now there is nothing wrong with having a wonderful friend, but it is clear there is absolutely no sexual attraction here.....just emotional attachment.

People with very high and very low self-efficacy sometimes will be trapped into a co-dependent relationship like Fitzgerald's novel "Tender Is the Night." Maybe you should read a more scientific approach of this topic "Love chemistry" in aidmypath site first and then RUN!!!

You know something like that happend to me not to long ago but in my case i was the one in trouble and a good friend of mine help me out through this and little by little by all the sweet word and kindness she won my heart but its was hard to see if she was interested in me or just being nice...
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow,Do good anyway...

Thanks. I am relieved.

Thanks all for your feedback. I did know that there's something wrong with that relationship have to move on. I just need a confirmation and thanks again.