+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Olympic 2012 Tennis madels.

Olympic 2012 Tennis madels.

In Olympics Tennis event the three medals goes to

Gold=Andy Murray(GBR)
    Silver=Roger Federer(SUI)
    Bronze= Juan Martin Del Potro(ARG)

I am not much happy because i am expected to see Roger federer as the Gold medalist.

Federer is still the best tennis player the world has ever seen, gold or no gold. I expect he'll be retiring from tennis soon though.

Did you watch Murray's speech after he lost against Federer in Wimbledon? watching him there really made the British public warm towards Murray who had until then been thought of as being very dour. Wimbledon is a huge event on the British sporting calander, and we haven't had a Brit in the final since Fred Perry in 1936(?) I think.

I was really happy to watch Murray win in front of a home crowd (I am biased being British though,) especially since it was in center court of Wimbledon where he was beaten by Federer in the final of the open not long ago. But even compared to Olympic tennis and the French/US/Australian opens, Wimbledon is the most important tennis tournament in the world. Mark my words - if Murry wins Wimbledon next year he'll be knighted before 2014.
    Last edited by AdminOnline; 14-08-12 at 09:30 AM. Reason: help add [video] tag for you - LA

maybe because Olympic host is from GB... thus, roger give a chance to andy?
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    maybe because Olympic host is from GB... thus, roger give a chance to andy?
    Not a chance, Roger wanted to retire as the undisputed greatest tennis player of all time, with Open and Olympic records, plus his ego is too big to throw a match. Murray has actually beaten Federer more times than he has lost, so he knows he can win when he's on form. Also, Roger is a better indoor player than outdoor - in the Olympics they played in the open (unlike earlier in the year when the roof was over because of rain) so all the conditions were perfect for Andy. The grass surface played to both their strengths, so even if Rafa and Novak weren't knocked so early I still think we would have had the same two players in the final.