+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Have a crush on a bad man

Have a crush on a bad man

I have a crush on a co-worker who clearly is a player. I don't know if 'crush' is the right word, since my feelings towards this guy are mainly negative. I think he is an arrogant arse but I feel deeply hurt when i see him flirting with other girls. How do I stop these unpleasant feelings? I can't stand it and I can't concentrate on my work.

JB9 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    It would seem to me that if your feelings are mainly negative towards him, any attraction would be gone. A personality that turns me off negates any attraction I'd see in someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly84 View Post
    I have a crush on a co-worker who clearly is a player. I don't know if 'crush' is the right word, since my feelings towards this guy are mainly negative. I think he is an arrogant arse but I feel deeply hurt when i see him flirting with other girls. How do I stop these unpleasant feelings? I can't stand it and I can't concentrate on my work.
    What you're feeling towards him is insecurity. "why's he flirting with them and not me?"

Yes but any advices on how to stop these feelings? Is it possible to wake up one day and find myself not caring in the slightest?

JB9 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly84 View Post
    Yes but any advices on how to stop these feelings? Is it possible to wake up one day and find myself not caring in the slightest?
    Absolutely! You aren't invested with this person, it's just a crush.

This happens all the time when you work closely with others at work. You form a bond because you see and interact with them everyday. No worries it will wear off. Your best bet it to keep your distance if possible and keep your nose to the grindstone...you are supposed to be working.....getting all fluttered over a flirty guy is counter-productive and unprofessional.
    Last edited by smackie9; 14-08-12 at 03:12 AM.

What makes him a bad man? How well do you know him? Have you ever had a personal conversation with him before?

befriend him i guess,

Mmm, is this the type of character you want to associate with, unless you realise it is a greater show to mask his own insecurities and deep down he is a good guy. I would be inclined to let these 'other girls' have his arrogance. If he is making you feel negative - where is the good in that!
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. - Unknown