+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this the right way to contact her?

Is this the right way to contact her?

Hey ladies!

I'm going to try to re-establish contact with the ex. I've been wondering the best means to do so, and I think I'm gonna' roll with a text asking that if she has time this week, is it okay if I give her a phone call? I hope that doesn't seem to passive or anything.

My other plan up until moments ago, was to text her with a joke about the previous weekend. We were both at a festival in town. We didn't see each other more than once, but it was a way to break down any tension their might be on her half, though I really don't believe there would be. We broke up on the best terms we could have, given that it was a breakup, ha-ha!

We haven't spoken for a week. One of the big reasons I feel we split up was because of a possible quarter-life crisis. There was no arguing, but I could tell she needed her space for the summer! It was a long-term relationship.

I ask that no one tell me to "give up" and chase other potential love interests. I have been doing that half-heartily to try and keep myself from thinking about her as often as I otherwise might be doing. I'd like to stay on target here if we can! I've decided to make the plunge and no one could talk me out of it! My real-life friends have been ridiculously supportive! The breakup was a shock to them as well! Many of her friends don't even know it happened yet, which is super weird. It's been a month.

Thanks everyone!

If she broke up with you then presumably if she wants futher contact she'll be the one doing the contacting. Otherwise won't you just come across as a bit needy?

A very respectable and valid point.

I will justify my actions by admitting that this woman is quite particular. As in, she is much more prone to react rather than initiate. Whatever that means to you, I'm not too concerned about.

I will wait until the early evening to make any firm decision, and maybe I'll decide to not contact her when all is said and done. I genuinely believed I wouldn't want to contact her at this point, but here we are, time has passed, and it's what I've decided I would like to do.

However, that's not what I was discussing.

However, I've re-evaluated my idea based entirely upon Boisdevie's post, but it's influence in minor. It's more "call me maybe."

"Hello girls name. I don't suppose if you have some time this week at night, I might be able to give you a phone whistle? Mutual friend told me you were heading to the coast sometime soon, so maybe we could arrange that for when you get back.

Mystery un-thought-of closing remark probably tied into the festival we were both just at."

Comments? How dumb am I?
    Last edited by hammeredtoast; 15-08-12 at 09:21 PM. Reason: I'm dumb.

It doesn't matter how, when or what you say....it will not dictate the outcome of her response. She is still going to move on with her life. Best of luck.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's a 1/4 life crisis? Jargon-alert!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

lol!...........

A quarter-life crisis is sort of when a university student enters the real-world and finds out they hate the job they were training for and wasted 5 years of their life. That's part of it.

Oh I had that happen to me too 25 years ago. I didn't know there was lingo for it lol.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL. Undergrads. They still don't know what they don't know. But they'll come up with a phrase for it, tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh