+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Date went well now what? Confused?

Date went well now what? Confused?

Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my message. I went to school with a girl that I have known for years. Our family knows each other and is friends and she comes from a good background. Problem is she has had terrible past dating experience and has been cheated on. She has a child and was cheated on by the father and never has seen him since. She has a career, college graduate, owns her own home and has a bright future. Back earlier this year I hinted around I wanted to take her out. She sounded happy but also stated she has a bunch going on with work and moving it would be awhile. I gave her space and text here and there. I am always the one initiating conversation she has only initiated like 3 times. Anyways finally got a date and it went well by all standards we stayed out late. She even made suggestion of going out again and seeing a movie and also made me take a longer route home. Day after I text her once she was at work and we talked for a bit and not two days later I have not heard from her. I know she has trust issues but what is the deal? What is the best approach to getting more conversation out of her. I am trying not to push or smother her by not blowing up her phone but she tells me she is interested just not seeing the effort on her part. Should I:

1) Give her time wait for her to contact me?
    2) Text her about how I feel?
    3) Your comments here lol.

Thanks!!

1) YES!
    2) NO!!!!
    3) She is a busy lady and probably, understandably, wants to be sure and feel safe before letting anyone into her life, ESPECIALLY since there is a kid involved. Be calm and let her go at her own pace. In the mean time, you are free to date/flirt with other people, so enjoy it!