+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 26 years old and never kissed

26 years old and never kissed

Hello.

This might sound a bit hard to believe but I'm 26 years old and I've never even kissed a girl, let alone dated or made love.

I have female friends, but I've always been shy when it comes to romantic issues. And when I did try approaching a few of them in that manner, I was always rejected, with them saying I'm a nice guy but they just don't see me that way.

I'm overweight so that might be part of the problem. Do you think losing weight would help a lot?

Have you any advice? Thanks in advance.

How much overweight are you? I think it's more of an attitude problem than a weight one. Losing weight would give you a lot of confidence though, so it would definitely help. Also... sorry for pointing it out, but is it possible you have a personal hygiene issue? For example if you have bad breath most girls would be instantly turned off. I think you give off vibes of negativity when it comes to romantically approaching a girl, as in, you already "know" from the start that it will not work out for you. Maybe you can post a picture of yourself so that we can help? Also, give us an example on how you approach a girl.

Right now, I'm quite obese. My weight fluctuates a lot due to the (unsuccessful) diets I put myself through. But I haven't had a normal weight since I was about 16 or so.

No hygiene issue that I know of, really.

As for approaching..Well, the thing is, I never really asked a girl out face to face, I would do it via email and stuff because it's easier and I have self-confidence and self-esteem issues. I know it's a bit cowardly, but yea.. And it makes the next meeting in face to face a bit awkward..lol

You need to deal with your obesity. And then you need to deal with your self confidence and self esteem issues. Deal with the first and you might find it easier to deal with the rest.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think once your weight is down to normal, kissing a girl wouldn't be an issue.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

So the advice of those who have told me my looks don't really matter so much is well-meaning, yet misled?

Yeah, of course it is - looks do matter in relationships. That being said, confidence is much more of a determining factor than weight - there are plenty of big guys who kiss lots of girls because they are confident enough and have faith in themselves. And there are plenty of really fit guys who still don't have any confidence with women.

All that counts on first impact is physical attraction. You can be confident and sexy even if you're overweight. You can't be confident and sexy if you are insecure about your body, so this is what you need to work on. I also think that losing weight would make you feel a lot more comfortable with yourself, so I'd start from there if I were you.

Thanks all. I guess I better start with the weight loss then.

Easier said than done.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCafeTerrace View Post
    Yeah, of course it is - looks do matter in relationships. That being said, confidence is much more of a determining factor than weight - there are plenty of big guys who kiss lots of girls because they are confident enough and have faith in themselves. And there are plenty of really fit guys who still don't have any confidence with women.
    but there are a lot more guys who are of normal weight who get to make out even though they might have no confidence whatsoever.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i've never heard of a fat ninja before. yes, loosing weight will be a big booster to your ego.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...