+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A girl I recently met

A girl I recently met

i m recently talking to a girl online. we haven't met, just taking it slow and at our comfortable pace.

it's been going well and i find myself falling for her. there are many similarities between us, so i don't think it's infatuation but could be the beginning of something meaningful.

despite all this, i suddenly begin to get angry at what she said. then i replied her email with a pissed-off tone. it's something she said that pissed me off. but on deeper reflection, could it be that i m trying to push her away, to prevent myself from opening my heart to her, to avoid being hurt if things don't turn out well in developing a relationship

i don't know how she looks like. what if she turns out to be not my type?

she is a social worker, so maybe being nice to people is her nature and i m not someone special to her that she is nice and sweet to me

she came out of a deep relationship and recently blogged about the breakup. i m afraid that she might get back with her ex. i had a bad past experience where the girl was always flip-flopping with her ex.

any advice? what's happening and what should i do about it?

Call me old fashioned, but I usually think the best way to start a relationship with someone is to actually meet that person.

How long have you been talking? If you feel like you're falling in love, then you are definitely way past the point of needing to meet in person.

Here's a tip kiddo. Meet her in person and stop fantasising. I have a GF. I initially met her online. Two days later we met up IN PERSON, LIKE IN REAL LIFE. For all you know she could be a 24 stone truck driver called Bernard.