+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Synchronized Hearts-What is Going On? Anyone?

Synchronized Hearts-What is Going On? Anyone?

Hi to all and thanks for any words or ideas.

Long story short: we connected instantly at age 9,didn't see each other for 7 years,then through terrible events were put together again. We've lived our lives very close together, no sexual intimacy-so very close yet so very far.
    It's complicated,lets just say that.

We have gone through a few horrible events,I was always there for her-she for me. We drew closer and closer all the time.
    Last year was another event that drew us even closer,to where we felt as one person. I would massage her for medical reasons,and I noticed our heart beats would synch up.Over this spring we just kept merging-as it were-and it sped up quickly to a point in time we both knew the time was right,I asked her to marry me and got married the next day.

After having many girlfriends,all I can say is time with her is 100 times better than all the others combined.
    We cannot imagine life without each other.Fortunatly I retired very early,so we can spend as much time together-we can't stand to be apart.

I've always been into self hypnosis,meditation,mindfulness etc.

When we sleep all tangled up,our heart beats synchonize almost instantly,and stay so all night AFAIK.I've woken up numerous times,checked our pulses and they are synched,she has done the same with me.
    I can understand breathing being in tune..but the pulse?
    We don't even need to be touching,just somewhat close.I even bought heart monitors for us to see wth was going on.
    I can walk into a room (moving so my pulse is up-she is relaxing so hers is down) and they will synch up within a few seconds. And that's not with the audible beeps so we could subconciously change to match the beeps.
    I'll walk in..after 2-3 seconds-no contact-we hook up the monitors and we are synched.
    We've done this 30 times,only twice we didn't synch up. She had a headache once,and the other time we don't know why not.

And I'm not talking close,I mean the two beeps sound like only one.

We even tried not looking at each other-our hearts synch up anyways.

I don't know if it's some subconcious thing,or quantum thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any ideas folks,we are travelling right now, so it will be a couple days before we respond.

Tracy and Dave

edit: There's other things that happen between us,but maybe they won't be believed.
    Last edited by Tradav; 17-08-12 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradav View Post
    Any ideas?
    None at all. And I really don't care either.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    None at all. And I really don't care either.
    Well then why bother replying at all?

I'll tell you why: you have nothing better to do in your life but troll an internet forum,and are bitter and jealous that we have what you will never have.

You are quite pathetic,may I suggest you grow up a little?

well please don't be mean. I think the point was, what does this matter ? you love each other, you are healthy. and what is the problem ? I don't know what it means, but it seems like you are over-analyzing this like in a medical way, like the way a doctor would check your blood pressure. It's an interesting thing to think about, but don't be too concerned about it, or worried or anything like that.

for me, I am very happy that me and my girl friend are happy, and it's a great feeling. Do you know what transference is ? Its very common in good relationships. Its basically where the one persons emotions or feelings, etc "transfer" very easily to the other person. They are happy and positive, and that makes you happy and positive. You see them behaving a certain way , and you instinctively behave the same way. It is as if you are in sync with one another.

Maybe you have this kind of effect in such as way that it even syncs up your heartbeat ? maybe this is something new to science? It sounds like it is. hmm, maybe ask a doctor what this could mean ?

better yet, go to a holistic or alternative medicine doctor to ask about this. Those kinds of doctors may have a theory.
    good luck, and congratulations on your relationship
    Last edited by michael_love; 14-09-12 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradav View Post

edit: There's other things that happen between us,but maybe they won't be believed.
    Personally, I'd believe. My wife and I don't do the hearts-synching-up thing, but we've had far too many weird coincidences for me to be dismissive. I knew something was wrong before she called to tell me that she'd been in a bad car accident, for instance... and she knew I was aware of it, because the first thing she said when she called was "I'm alright".

My question is... who cares? Go with it. Enjoy it. It's a wonderful thing to be married to your best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I knew something was wrong before she called to tell me that she'd been in a bad car accident, for instance... and she knew I was aware of it, because the first thing she said when she called was "I'm alright".
    She may have just said it because if the first thing she said had been "I've been in a car accident", you might have gotten exceedingly worried even while she was alright... It's not unusual for people close to me to reassure me first that nothing excessively grave has happened, before giving me very bad news (for example the death of a family friend).

Not to say that I don't believe in "weird" things happening between you and your wife - just, this particular case might be explained like that. All that matters in the end, is what the two people believe in. Like when two people believe they are in love with each other - their belief is what makes it true.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    She may have just said it because if the first thing she said had been "I've been in a car accident", you might have gotten exceedingly worried even while she was alright... It's not unusual for people close to me to reassure me first that nothing excessively grave has happened, before giving me very bad news (for example the death of a family friend).

Not to say that I don't believe in "weird" things happening between you and your wife - just, this particular case might be explained like that. All that matters in the end, is what the two people believe in. Like when two people believe they are in love with each other - their belief is what makes it true.
    No, she knew I was agitated. A couple of minutes before she called, I got all agitated and didn't know why. I was pacing around the kitchen and trying to figure out what was wrong when the phone rang. When the phone rang, I knew it what it was, and she knew that I was freaking out already.

Another instance - A couple of years ago I was sitting in in one of my group therapy sessions, and for absolutely no reason whatsoever I started getting angry - REALLY angry. I got out of class and called her... It rang 4 times and went to VM. As soon as that happened, I knew she was on the phone with her ex, and I was angry because she was angry. When she called, I said "You were on the phone with ____, weren't you?"

There are many many such examples I could give you, but this isn't about me, this is about the OP.

Looks like Ye Olde Farte Club is starting to go a little senile...