+ Follow This Topic

Thread: o_O ...

o_O ...

Ok, you know the reason why I am here.. like anyone else. I got canned. Ya, it sucks..
    She told me she needed her "space" .. Well, The way she explained to me, made sense. See, I really REALLY want her, and will do anything to get her back.. we are still really good friends, well, actually kinda like friends with benny's..(hugging, kissing, cuddling) except we hadnt done it since the break up... yet. I know it will prolly happen. I know it isnt good for me, but I cant bare to not see her (the no contact theory). It all started i think, when I suggested we go to a jewelry place to "look" at wedding rings. BAD IDEA!!! this scared her away. Well, She told me she wants " to be able to bring something to the table" when she gets married. So, she canned me. She said she wanted to do able to live on her own and "be a 21" year old and party and drink and hangout with her friends..basically " live her own live.." I guess that makes sense.. right? She was still living at home until her mom kicked her out, and I have been helping her through this.. (support, money, whatever) I really think that we will get married someday, and she tells me she would like for that to happen, but WHEN?? how long do girls need "time to themselves?? I mean, i told her I dont mind waiting, but I dont want to wait for nothing..

She told me the other day, she kissed another guy "on the cheek", but it could be a lie.. i dunno.. Anyway, it really ruined me. she told me it was nothing, and that it didnt mean anything.. I wish .. .. I was dead, until we get married..

This is all fine and dandy, however, when you say you got canned, did you actually get dumped? or she just said she needed space?

I also don't see if you want us to give you advice. My suggestion would be to cut the friends with benefit thing unless you can actually handle it, otherwise you'll end up hurting yourself more. You're right, the no contact theory is what you have to do for now. I'm giving you advice based on what I think you are asking. In any case, good luck regardless.

Cdoc
    "Without music, life would be a mistake" -Neitzsche

whenever you feel low, turn on the tube and look and that hideous creature they call Michael Jackson. Everything else in life will start to make sense....lol

haha.. whats wrong with that guy?!?!?!..
    anyway..
    sometimes things start to look up and somedays i think about everything too much (what if she meets someone, what if she kisses some guy..) and those kinda things kill me.. and ruin me. I know we arent together (yes i got dumped) .. but i still get wrecked when i hear she hungout with other guys..

cdoc.. i guess i am asking for adivce on how to deal with everything.. i mean, i still want to be her friend and help her out.. and i still wanna be benny friends.. and the other day we went to the movies and we had an awesome time.. and from then on.. i got this really good feeling about the situation..

so, we still joke about getting back together .. and since the movies i have a really positive outlook on things.. and i really want to marry her, but like ive been saying.. shes not ready yet.. and wants to do her own thing for awhile.. so.. i just hope its not tooo long.. im gonna wait for her.. I have to.. I love her.

Did she dump you, or just tell you she needs her space? Are yall still together?

Im kinda glad you posted this, because im going through almost the exact same thing. Always helps to know that im not alone in this situation.

My story is basically the same as yours, been together for a year and a half and weve been talking about marriage and stuff, but one night out of nowhere she tells me she wants to be single and just focus on work etc. I asked if it was a temporary thing and she said no she was really breaking up with me. I couldnt sleep at all for the next week or so i was so crushed, but we still were friends and we hugged and kissed sometimes. I still hope that we can get back together and she says she doesnt know what the future holds but she doesnt want to right now.

Sorry for blabbing but onto your situation..

Make sure you dont get too jealous. Im the kinda guy that feels like dying if my ex even talks to a guy, though i keep it to myself most of the time and only rarely make an ass of myself. I know what it feels like to feel betrayed and want to roll into a ball and cease to exist, but your going to have to get used to her flaunting her single status. Just pretend you dont care in the least and eventually you will start to believe it.

Other than that, good luck, I hope we both come out on top of things.

She says she needs to live her own life. Now it's your turn too. Life your own life. Don't be afraid to start dating other people, and start slowly moving on. Either way you win. If you find a girl later on that you connect with, then you will be able to get on with your life, and your ex will have missed out on you. On the other hand, even if you don't find the new girls you date to live up to your needs, then at least you will have given your ex space, and she will be more likely to take you back if she sees that she might lose you to these new girls.