+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this actually mean ....

What does this actually mean ....

Quick summary:

I was dating this girl for a month, we were intimate, and everything seemed to be ontrack .... The last week she became rather distant towards me .. She texted me yesterday and asked if she could come and visit me at work ... I said sure ...

When she got here she looked happy to see me, she told me that she was going to pick up the shop next door to me as a commercial account, and that she would be able to visit me when she is making deliveries ....

Then I asked her if we were still hanging out on thursday, she hesitated and responded with "I just feel like I am not giving myself enough time for myself" ... What could I really say .. I told her that I appreciate her honesty, and to call me when she has time ... She gave me a hug, I asked for a kiss, she gave me a peck on the lips and off she went ....

Then, this morning, she sent me a text that said I hope you have a good day at work ...... WHAT'S THE REASON FOR THIS MESSAGE!!!!!

I am having trouble figuring out what all of this means ... It was only a month, but, we had gotten pretty close, I would regularlly receive messages from her that said she misses me, she would ask about my dog, and tell me that she misses my dog ... Kinda weird, but my dog is cute! .... I take that with all the babe and babys that she would call me and I am really confused ...

I would love to see this one progress, but I am unsure how I should approach it now .... And, there might be an ex in the picture ....

Any advise here would be helpful ...

Thx in advance!
    They may forget what you said, but, they will never forget how you made them feel ...

How often were you seeing each other up until she said she needs time to herself?

About 3 to 4 times a week ... the first week we had two dates, where we spent hours with each other, the other times were for about 5 - 10 mins (she would bring me drinks or food) and I did the same ...

The second week we also had 2 dates, one that started on sun, and lasted until tues morning ... again, a few more days of seening each other for 5 mins or so, to bring lunch ..

The thrid week I we had 1 date, sunday, that lasted into mon morning .. That was when the distance started, I didn't actually get another date with her after that, but I did see her twice for a few mins to bring her food ..

She cancelled the 4 date and rescheduled it for sunday, then cancelled that one! ... Stopped into see me yesterday (tue) to tell me she needed time to herself ....

She is almost finished with school, she works a simi full time job, about 30hrs a week ... I see that she is stressed ...
    Last edited by AnthonyCasta; 23-08-12 at 03:54 AM.
    They may forget what you said, but, they will never forget how you made them feel ...

I think things are probably ok for now, you just need to give it time. You may have started up too fast, too many meetings too quickly, if you were intimate it means you might have put more stock into this that should have been so early on. Let her come to you, it sounds like she is still interested, just wants to make sure she still has her own freedom from a locked in relationship.

Don't initiate contact with her anymore. If she contacts you keep your answers to one sentence or less. One word would be even better. Start seeing other girls too.

Ok .. Here's a quick update ...

She came by my work yesterday, she looked excited to see me, she gave me a hug and a kiss .... More confusion! ... Then she asked about my dog! .. She said she wanted to visit her, and that she can tomorrow, which is today .. When I called her out on it, and told her that she told me the day before she didn't have time, she told me that she is confused ....

Putting one and one together, I gather this to be confusion about an ex ... This morning, she texted me, said she hopes I have a great day, and that she hopes to see me later ... I only responded with hope you have a great day too ....