+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Grilling me with questions about past, then pointing out inconsistencies.

Grilling me with questions about past, then pointing out inconsistencies.

I have been dating a girl for about 6 weeks who I really like. But she likes to ask a lot of questions about past relationships, which I divulged some information about because she asked (I figured, what's the big deal?), didn't know she would keep asking things and analyzing the hell out of what I tell her, asking similar questions some time later.

Honestly I don't always remember timelines exactly, so there will naturally be inconsistencies, which she calls "lies".

Also, when it comes to questions like; have you done this(?), have you done that sexually(?) and where are sometimes better answered vaguely or with a more innocent answer IMO. In hind-site I would say "not going to discuss past anything" but I answered some questions. Ex. if she asks if I ever had sex in the car right after we did I would think to say "no" just to make her feel good, even though I may have in the past, and I don�t really consider that a lie, maybe I am wrong, it's not like it's hurtful to her.

In any case, I am going to tell the complete truth from now on, since she is so analytical and questioning, never experienced anything like this before.
    Last edited by toshiba; 26-08-12 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Grammar

Red flags all over this. If it gets more serious, prepare to sacrifice all individuality and privacy to this girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Red flags all over this. If it gets more serious, prepare to sacrifice all individuality and privacy to this girl.
    stf red flag all over you, ugly retard faggot.

fat face!

Could be very right there, will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekxs View Post
    stf red flag all over you, ugly retard faggot.

fat face!
    Wow, helpful not found.

Cerb read his other post....you might change your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by toshiba View Post
    so there will naturally be inconsistencies, which she calls "lies".

Ex. if she asks if I ever had sex in the car right after we did I would think to say "no" just to make her feel good, even though I may have in the past, and I don�t really consider that a lie, maybe I am wrong, it's not like it's hurtful to her.
    Yes, you are wrong: that is a lie. She has all the right to call such "inconsistencies" lies... because that's what they are. It is hurtful to her because you are betraying her trust by lying to her.

In any case, I am going to tell the complete truth from now on, since she is so analytical and questioning
    You should have been telling the truth all along, regardless of the way she is. Good relationships are based on trust.

If you are uncomfortable with talking about your past, just tell her so. You don't have to answer all her questions if you don't want to. Just, do NOT lie.
    Last edited by searock; 26-08-12 at 04:45 PM.

I don't like to talk about ex-girlfriends with current ones. Just because in my experience, the current one always uses it as a bar to measure themselves, and it just leads to problems either way. Though sometimes if you wont answer stupid questions about past relationships they think you are hiding something. So really you can't win. Unless you find a confident girl. That is full of win. They don't care about your exes.

Protip though; If she asks a question and you choose to answer it, don't lie. Its just going to get you into trouble.

if you has sex in a car....just tell her that. If someone get angry over something as innocent as that you bolt since they are not worth the hassle.

if you has sex in a car....just tell her that. If someone get angry over something as innocent as that you bolt since they are not worth the hassle. The way you describe her grilling of you makes me think you should have bolted already