+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm new, and having a problem with my ex

I'm new, and having a problem with my ex

I'm a new here but i really need some advice on how i should deal with my exboyfriend.

Ok, I am 17 years old, almost 18 now, and my first real boyfriend was Wane ( he is 17 too). I broke up with Wane about a week before Valentines day, almost 2 months after we started dating, because he started being a jerk. He was giving me cold looks, not talking to me, and when i confronted him about this he told me that we were never supposed to have gone out in the first place, that i was supposed to have gone out with another guy, Nate, instead. Nate is my best friends' little brother, he is almost 2 years younger than me and at one point i did have a crush on him. I think of Nate as a brother nothing more. Anyways Wane also said that he didn't want to go out with me anymore because of my ADD, so that's why i broke up with him. i cried but mostly because of his comment about my ADD.

About a week after Valentines Day we decided we still wanted to be friends. My friends and I decided that Wane made a better friend than he did a boyfriend. So now we are all friends again and everything was ok.

I was asked out again on the 16th by another guy. so now i have a boyfriend again. His name is Roberto, he is puerto rican. Roberto told me that before he asked me out, i guess Roberto had talked to all of my friends about asking me out because, apparently, Wane told Roberto i was going to say no if and when Roberto asked me out.

So basically my problem is that Wane thinks he can tell people what i'm gonna do or what i'm not gonna do, and i don't know how to handle it.

This is only the begining of all of my problems. I am also having problems with my stepdad, because Roberto is puerto rican. My stepdad is racist it shows now that he knows about Roberto, and one of my best friends likes Roberto too.

Your name says it all.

Problem 1: Wane is in fact a jerk, but who cares what he says to other people. I think he's just jealous, but in reality, it's his own fault. He needs to grow up a little and stop spreading rumours he has no idea about.

Problem 2: Your stepdad is racist. However, who is he to say who you can and cannot date? Normally, yes you are supposed to go with your parents wishes, however, when it's a racial issue, then he has no idea what Roberto is like, only based on skin colour.

Problem 3: you have ADD, but to my knowledge it's something that is completely fixable.

I just think based on this post, you need to realize what you need to do for yourself and not worry what other people think. Roberto likes you and you like him. What anyone else has to say is their problem and it shouldn't affect you in any way. Besides you are young and all of you still need to grow up (not negatively), but you still need to figure out more important things in life. Take care of yourself.

Cdoc
    "Without music, life would be a mistake" -Neitzsche

Hahahaha, is this bogus?

If not, I agree with the Doctor.

But, come on, Wane has problems with your ADD and your stepdad aint too keen on Roberto, the stoic Puerto Rican boyfriend? Sounds like a spoof.

Oh well, have fun with your hilarious life.

Take a look at all this from a third person view. When doing so tell me what you see.