+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trouble with my now Ex-Girlfriend, need advice

Trouble with my now Ex-Girlfriend, need advice

Hello, my now ex girlfriend of four years just broke up with me and I'm feeling a little sad but at the same time relieved, but a some confusion as well.

Basically, she broke up with me because that last month I have been treating her badly, and I admit that and I have apologized and I was sincere about it. But she hasn't been able to forget and constantly brings it up. I belittled her, judged her, and frankly, made her feel like complete shit. I guess you could say I got what I deserve.

The point is, I still do very much love this girl, I always have. Previous to this we have been good friends for 6 years, so I've already known her for 10 years (We're both 23). She said that she still very much loves me and wants to be in a relationship with me, but is afraid that I'll turn right back into the person I was the last month. So what does this mean? Is it over? She said she sees us reconnecting in the future but you see, I'm not just going to sit here waiting for her, I'm a grown man.

I just personally think I should end it but it hurts because I'm a loving dude. I think I should just tell her straight up to her face that I'm done playing games and its either she wants me or she doesn't because there are better girls that I could be dating but instead, I'm here putting up with her crap. I need to be SERIOUS, no lovey dovey crap! Be the alpha male that I can be and show that I wont be used.

So could I get some advice here? Tips? Anything would be greatly appreciated. I love this girl I honestly do, but I am not a door mat. And I am not just going to sit here being treated like some kind of toy she can decide to play with whenever she wants or just keep me to the side.

You're not a doormat, but you're a bit of an arse. She told you why she wants some space and you made it all about you. She isn't playing games, she told you you were an asshole to her (in nicer words) and doesn't want to be with you while you're a prick. She is going her own way and if you cross paths again and you've grown up into an actual man, not a little boy who belittles women, then you might get another shot.

There is nothing for you to "end", it is already over, you're just too high and mighty to see it. You think she is toying with you, but it sounds like she is moving on and probably playing with some other dudes toy instead.

If you genuinely love this girl and know you were wrong, you wouldnt feel that there were ''better girls'' that you could be dating. Read back through your own post, because you have answered it yourself.

If you love someone you don't generally treat them like shit.

Good for you. And i on her team. Cause im shore you are who you are. So next time you will do the same shit to her.
    aND IM shore you are sorry cause she broke up with you. If she stayed with you you will be doing the same mess to her.

I tell you something: SHE IS THE ONE THAT IS NOT A DOOR MAT! and you need to go work on your behavior and the
    way you treat woman. And leave her alone!
    Cause doing shit like that and say sorry like that suppose to delete it all like noting happen is not the case.
    You know very well why you did treat her like that. So go deal with yourself before adding a woman to get hurt in relationships with you!

I shore agree with cheekxs. Shame she can't spell.

Quote Originally Posted by patryk View Post
    . I think I should just tell her straight up to her face that I'm done playing games and its either she wants me or she doesn't because there are better girls that I could be dating but instead, I'm here putting up with her crap. I need to be SERIOUS, no lovey dovey crap! Be the alpha male that I can be and show that I wont be used.
    You are a dick.....if I could stand right in front of her I would tell her, right to her face, to never consider dating you again and that there are better guys out there.