+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I fall in love too easily

I fall in love too easily

I always seem to fall in love way too easily, though love is probably not the greatest term to use, more like crush. But I'm setting myself up for heartbreak just because of how I often I develop crushes. I wish it wouldn't happen so easily but my mind and butterflies in my stomach tell me something else. Basically I just met this cute girl in my class yesterday, we started talking and found out that we are taking some of the same classes, there was a test in one of the classes and so I asked her if she wanted to study with me. She said that someone was already going to tutor her 1 on 1 that day( some sophomore) but she would love to do it sometime. We exchanged phone numbers and she asked if I wanted to walk with her, obviously I did. Now I have a crush on her and only recently got over another girl who I asked out(but got rejected). I see her again on Tuesday, should I ask her out to dinner (there are several diners on campus so it would be quite casual)? At the same time, we barely know each other so I don't want to rush into things. Last time I took things too slowly and got friendzoned, I don't want to screw it up this time but also don't want to make it awkward by rushing into this too fast.

Thanks, any advice is greatly appreciated.

This situation seems eerie familiar to mine not a few years back. I don't really know what advice to give you. I guess you just have to talk to a lot more women. I notices that this feeling get the best of me when I'm lonely. When your talking to other people you don't have time to think about your crush. Just get yourself out there. It's easier to say and done as most people don't automatically get a long with you. Best of luck to you my friend.

Don't do dinner as a first date. Do some type of activity where there's something else you can focus on besides just each other. It will cut down or eliminate awkward silences, and conversation will flow more naturally and unforced, since you won't just be thinking about what to talk about next. Go bowling, hiking, gun range, shoot pool, anything but dinner.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 14-09-12 at 12:23 AM.