+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I take her back...?

Should I take her back...?

Hi - I dated a girl for nearly 8 years.

I found out she had been lying to me as to where she was going thanks to seeing photos of her and some other man on the dreaded facebook. This was after I had another man come to my door and tell me he had been in a relationship with my girlfriend but they were not together anymore. After than incident I chose to give her another chance/take her story that the guy was a fanatic etc., but a few weeks later I saw the photos of her with another man.

Anyway, after years of dating this girl, I finally grew a set of balls and managed to ignore her texts calls and more or less tell her that I couldn't forgive her for cheating on me - she went to a hotel with the bloke who came to my door!

Anyway, since growing balls and ignoring her more, she so wants me back. She still texts with a kiss on the end and tells me that she loves me. Its a case of not realising what u have until its too late. The problem is, I do miss what we had and am not sure whether to give her one more chance. It would have been our so called 8th anniversary this week (of meeting, not marriage) when I would have always done something with her! She says she has me a card and wants to know what she should do with it. Trouble is, when I speak to her now, I get angry and just its like I'm a nasty person in the way I speak to her but its how I feel. Why should I speak to her with respect when she treated me with such lack of respect?!

So my question really is, should I give her one more chance? DO cheats change?

Quote Originally Posted by bt1980 View Post
    Its a case of not realizing what u have until its too late.
    What realizing that you had a skanky ho for a GF?

The problem is, I do miss what we had and am not sure whether to give her one more chance.
    NO! Get your head out of you weak ass! She is a whore. You'd be an absolute idiot to think she will be faithful to you. Come on dude, who knows how many other guys there are that didn't know where you lived so they could tell you that they have been boinkin her lol.

You were growing some balls? Yours haven't dropped yet.....you are considering taking her back.

Dude delete her number. Be done with her.

Hi -
    So my question really is, should I give her one more chance? DO cheats change?
    What? Give her one more chance to cheat on you, you mean?

How would you ever be able to trust such an untrustworthy person? What's missing in you that you'd be willing to take a chance with your own emotional well being by giving someone like her the time of day, never mind another chance?

Take her back and you would simply prove just how stupid you can be.

Thanks people! Blimey....what a response! Always amazes me how people who are strangers can be so helpful and it is helpful cos its an unbiased view I would guess.

I have ignored her mostly. Did answer the phone yesterday and I ended up hanging up before saying "I hope he had a big cock". SHe was ringing to ask if I wanted to go with her to visit her mum in hospital who has had a heart op. But I think she just wanted a lift!! Ha - no way!

Now today she has rang a couple of times before leaving a text saying my door keys are at the pub where she works and I can pick them up whenever. Great so now my keys are in the hands of anyone who may want to copy them. Great.
    I so wish she had been faithful but everyone on here has said NO NO NO to taking her back. It's gonna be hard but I just dont think I could trust her again. I didnt want to be in this position at 31,,,,i wanted to be settled but if I saty I would probably just be making things worse. 31 is still young right?????

No you are too old to be playing this game......

Once that trust is broken (in your case multiple times) its almost impossible to get back to how things were. After reading your post is looks like all you're doing is ignoring her. That's not enough - you gotta go up to her and tell her "b*tch, leave me alone!" or something along those lines. Just be crystal clear that you don't want anything to do with her.