+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to deal with your ex's rebound relationship

how to deal with your ex's rebound relationship

Advice for dealing with a rebound relationship.

Immediately after my girlfriend and I broke up she started this rebound relationship. They sleep over each other's houses every night. I know they hook up. Her friends tell me that they are not dating, she is just confused and still misses our good times but doesnt miss the bad.

This guy has liked her for a long time and they hooked up about a year and half before I met her.

I miss her so much and am a mess now. depression, anxiety over thinking of them together, the whole nine yards. Any chance she will break things off with him and come back or is she gone forever?????????? need advice on how to deal.

FYI, I'm new to this board as well, so I'm not as "experienced" I guess you can say with helping people. But, I"ll be glad to comment , because when I post my problems, thats all I really want.

That hurts man, I can't imagine what your going through now, My ex had a rebound right after we broke up and it broke my heart (actually she left me for him), but they didn't sleep together or do anything sexual. Do you still WANT to be with her after this?

I don't think I can help you with your question if yall are going to get back together, b/c I dont' know why yall broke up.
    Last edited by paco2244; 07-04-05 at 08:02 AM.

it depends on the people involved and the break up, but in my experience rebound relationships are just a way get your head sorted, for a bit of company to make the transaction between being in a relationship and being single a bit easier. i dont think theres much chance of her coming back, else she probably wouldnt have gotten with this guy. Unless she realises what shes missing with you, and comes back to you. and then, shell be the one coming to you. I know its hard to think about what used to be your partner being with another guy, but maybe you should try dating, meeting new people, try not to think about it. try something to take your mind off it.

Alrighty let me give this a shot. I recently decided for me and this girl to take a "break" from each other. It was short; Only a few weeks. Even though I hooked up with other people, all it showed me was what I was leaving behind... and how much it meant to me.

However, a quick solution to your problem is easy. Move on, start dating again, get some numbers, etc. Why you ask? Simple. Either one of two things will happen when you do.

A) She will realize what she's missing, and come back once she realizes she might lose you forever...
    B) You will eventually find someone else, and be as happy, if not happier as you were with your ex.

You win either way, right? Do it and don't look back.

needadviseasap----That's not much you can do. Keeping tabs on what she is doing is torturing yourself. Block out all news and gossip about her. Give yourself a break. If she does want to get back with you, she will make it known.