+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Biggest decision yet..

Biggest decision yet..

I met a girl a couple of years back and we got to know each other. We didn't speak a lot for the first 2 yrs. Now, she's in a lot of my classes and I got to know her better. She's a really nice person and has a great personality. We regularly talk to each other while we're in class. However, around a year ago, my best friend, who I have known for over 6 years told her he loved her and wanted to commit in a relationship with her. I had feelings for her at the time, and was quite unhappy as if my friend found out I liked her, it might end our friendship. Tbh, I was jealous of him aswell. She agreed and they were together for around 6 months before her sisters found out and were furious. She's Muslim and her family want her to be with a Muslim from Afghanistan preferably. Pressured by her family, she had to end her relationship with my best friend. He got depressed and started hanging out with the wrong crowd and got involved with drinking and drugs. <br />

Now fast forward to a couple days ago.
    I was in my final lesson of the day and she asked me if I wanted to go to the library after school with her. So I did. We finished our work and out of the blue, she gave me a bracelet which had half a heart on it. It said &quot;Best&quot; on it. She said I should keep it because I was the &quot;best&quot; in her eyes. I was stunned as no other girl gave me any gift at all. She took hold of my hand and put on the bracelet for me. <br />
    I asked her if she wanted to journey home together by train and she kindly refused. However, just before she left she held on to my hand for a few seconds and smiled and let <br />

Yesterday I wore the bracelet and showed her that I hadn't forgotten and she blushed before saying ;Aww!
    Then she didn't speak to me unless I spoke to her first.

There's a lot of competition for this girl and nobody knows I love her. She's out of my league as she is way more attractive than the average girl in our year. In terms of looks, I am slightly below average. I myself am a Muslim (African not Afghan) and observe prayer etc. I just think if she just wants to be a good friend, and nothing more.

I really love her so much and I'm scared to ask her out as she might reject me and that will definitely throw me off the edge. The last time I fell in love, the girl rejected me and I was depressed for a long while after that.

What do I do? I'm in my last year of school. I don't want to lose her..she's means everything to me even though she may not know it.

I don't want to be rejected (who does?) but I don't want to lose all contact with her and make our future encounters awkward.

Thank you..

You grow a pair and you ask. Life is full of rejections, you need to embrace them and learn to deal with it. Fearing rejection just means you won't take a lot of chances, and someone else will.

Forget this "out of my league" shit, that doesn't exist. Confidence is the key. Just go for it, and if it doesn't go well, then you deal with it and move on.

Stop falling in love with girls before you go out with them. How much dating experience do you have?

@Cerby Thank you. I will definitely ask at one point.
    @BckUpOrGetStrng None. No girl hasn't asked me out in over 5 years. I asked a girl out, got rejected and demoralised me badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    You grow a pair and you ask. Life is full of rejections, you need to embrace them and learn to deal with it. Fearing rejection just means you won't take a lot of chances, and someone else will.

Forget this "out of my league" shit, that doesn't exist.
    ^^^This. Plus, attractiveness is subjective anyway.

If she just liked you as a friend, she wouldn't blush when she sees you.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    ^^^This. Plus, attractiveness is subjective anyway.

If she just liked you as a friend, she wouldn't blush when she sees you.
    She blushed and grinned when she saw me wearing the bracelet. She doesn't blush regularly.

Yeah my point was, you need to ask her out on a date.