+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is she avoiding me all of a sudden?

Why is she avoiding me all of a sudden?

I posted this on another relationship forum and I just got a bunch of trolls being idiots. So I'm hoping this forum would be better Lol!

Long story short,

I really liked this girl she liked me as well. So I decided to tell her how Ifeel, after that we were just friends because she said she had too much school work to be in arelationship and she didn't want to fail another year,but she did like me.

So we started being really good friends and we always used to talk into 12 into the night, we literally talked all the time and when one of us never came into college (high school for the americans on here lol) we always used to text each other asking where we were, she even started asking me about how many girlfriends i had and what type of girls i liked.

2 weeks ago (before college started) I asked her how she felt about me and she said she still wants to be friends and seemed completely fine. She didn't even
    act any different too how she used too and she said she wasn't ready for a relationship and she seemed completely fine being friends.

But when college started she has really been trying to avoid me, making up excuses and stuff like that to not talk to me. I have no idea why she's doing this. I think its really unfair on me and I want an explanation as to why she's doing this.

Do you think its awkward or desperate if I ask why she has changed? And is it my fault for trying to pressure her into a relationship (I don't believe I have tho)

I know she probably doesn't want to be in a relationship with me but I still want to know why she is avoiding me.
    Last edited by maxee; 16-09-12 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Grammar error! Doh!

Sbh is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Probably for that reason. If she is blaming why she doesnt want to be with you on school it's most likely she just doesn't see you in that way. As far as a answer from her, I don't see why she needs to give you one. Your just friends and if she's busy then she's busy. Just let it go and don't put any pressure on her. Shell eventually come back around and talk to you. If she's avoiding you its probably because she is feeling a little pressured by you.

Just back up even as a friend and give her some space. Shell be back around when she feels ok about it. But she is really making it clear she doesn't want a relationship with you if ever. Appreciate her friendship if anything and don't be alarmed if shes dating or talking to other boys. It's her choice who she gives her time to and when.

Best advice- Just back off.

Eeeeeeahhhh.... alright. When you say "we" decided to just be friends, you meant "She" decided that and you went along with it.

Got news for ya buddy - that was the sign that you weren't going to get what you wanted. The bullshit excuses about schoolwork and stuff were just that - excuses.

She's backing off now because she's feeling pressured by you.

Bad news man - she's never going to be more than your friend. You've been friend-zoned.

I don't think its unfair. You told her how you felt and she said that she only wanted to be friends. Now that you asked her a second time she is probably thinking that you're waiting around for her to change her mind. So take the hint and dial down on the relationship talk. Just play it cool and make her feel like you're her friend and nothing more - because in her eye that's all you are right now, just a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    You've been friend-zoned.
    Ugh I hate this phrase... she simply isn't romantically interested in him, and this will most likely never change. Hate the phrase XD.

OP, I suggest you start making new friends... by distancing herself from you she is actually helping you to get over her sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by distilled View Post
    I don't think its unfair. You told her how you felt and she said that she only wanted to be friends. Now that you asked her a second time she is probably thinking that you're waiting around for her to change her mind. So take the hint and dial down on the relationship talk. Just play it cool and make her feel like you're her friend and nothing more - because in her eye that's all you are right now, just a friend.
    When I said it was unfair, I meant its unfair on me that she starts avoiding me completely with out any explanation what so ever.

I think you're all right I should really back off and respect her. But to what extent do I back off should I just keep to a 'Hi how are you?' Whenever I see her? Or should I avoid her completely?

Whatever is less "dramatic". Avoid even seeing her at all, if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by maxee View Post
    When I said it was unfair, I meant its unfair on me that she starts avoiding me completely with out any explanation what so ever.
    Really? So you believe she owes you something? Why? Because you want it?