+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Depressed and want to move on!

Depressed and want to move on!

Hello, My situation is kinda different and I need advice on wanting to move on. I met a guy online about 1 1/2 years ago. At first we were friends but after constant chatting, I started getting close to him. We moved on from chats to skype and phone calls. I was falling for him and despite not having met him, I was in love with him. He said that he felt the same about me and couldnt wait to meet me and start a life together. He said that we should officially commit ourselves to each other. After a few months I found out that he was chatting with another girl. I asked him about her and he said that she was just a friend and nothing more. He said that she had at one point told him that she likes him more than a friend but he told her that he doesn't feel same about her. I told him that he should tell the girl that he is chatting to me and interested in me but he said that he didnt want to hurt her and I didnt give it much thought. I was just content in the knowledge that we were together. I later on found out that he was going on holidays with the girl for 2 weeks. I had a feeling that something might happen and said that we should part ways but he assured me that he only likes me and this was just a break for him as I couldn't take time off because of a new job.I was not sure because at one point he had told her about me and she said I will never talk to you again unless u break up with her and he said lets pretend we have broken up. He said that he was the only friend she had. I agreed again but after the holidays he changed..he was not very affectionate towards me and I decided to end things and just be friends with him. He kept saying that he doesn't like her and I said why don't u tell her about me again, his excuse again " I know she likes me but cannot rub it into her face that I have a gf and dont want you". I dont like hurting people for no reason so agreed again but he was cold and distance so I said lets just be friends.
    I chat to him everyday still but now he is with her and openly flaunting his love for her. I told him I understand he loves her but he also knows I still love him. I didnt end whatever we had because I stopped feeling things for him but because he was being emotionally distance.
    Maybe I am wrong but I put up with a lot so the other woman doesnt get hurt but now I am in same position, is it wrong of me to ask to be a bit considerate about my feelings and not openly flaunt and say I have been replaced?
    I am not very strong because of my childhood and try not to hurt people even if it harms me. I want to move on and forget about him but he keeps messaging me and says he cares about me. Another thing is that the other woman doesnt know that he talks to me everyday.
    How can I move on and stop thinking about him? Please excuse my grammar and spelling as english is not my first language.

Block him from all forms of contact and just move on.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

After reading your story, I want to find out where this guy lives and punch him right in the face and try to knock some teeth out. He's sounds like the king of all assholes and does not deserve a second of your time. He is a prick that does not, let say that again, does NOT care about anyone outside of himself.

He's playing you big time and I really hope this guy gets into a terrible accident and has to have his penis chopped off. Trust me, I have been involved with guys like this and they are not worth it at all, to any degree, ever. He's a scumbag piece of shit that only loves himself. I bet this shithead looks in the mirror everyday just to admire his own reflection.

Cut off every bit of contact with him NOW. You don't even have to tell him anything because he would not do you that favor. Start completely ignoring him now. Do not respond to ANY of his calls, emails, texts, etc. He is a lowlife, a scumbag, a prick, and asshole, and he's not even worth the hair out of rapid dog's ass.

DO NOT CAll HIM. DO NOT TALK TO HIM. DO NOT TALK TO HIM, DO NOT TALK TO HIM.

There are nothing but red flags with him and he is not worth it for another second.

Have I made myself clear about this selfish, manipulative, scumbag prick?

Thanks for the advice. Yes I know I am being played and used but its the strange heart that kept hoping that maybe one day everything will be ok.I have decided to break off all contact with him and just move on with my life. Will be hard but not as hard as seeing him with her and realizing how stupid I have been. At the end of it, he lost a good and faithful person.

He is showing you with his actions that he has moved on. I know it hurts, it's so hard when you give your heart away and get nothing in return.

You stuck around with mistreatment from him and you deserve so much better. There are men out there who will respect you and treat you with kindness. The best thing for you to do is to take care of yourself and write a list of things that you want in a perfect partner. Please don't imagine his face. Just write everything you would want in a guy. Things like respect, comfort, finincial security, that he has kindness and likes to spend time with you.

I bet when you write this list, you will realize that this guy doesn't even come close to what you really want in a guy.

Please read my website and get my free newsletter and ebook. It will help empower you. First you've got to get clear on what you want and deserve.

Dina Z Colada
    </snip>

You never even met this man. How sad that you've gone through all the horrible emotions that a break up evokes when you've never even kissed him, held his hand, walked a beach with him or watched him sleep.

Why would you allow yourself to be so vulnerable to someone you've never even hugged? There's something inherently wrong with your whole situation.

Find a man close enough to you that you can meet in person and experience the tactile sensations of a real lover and not some fantasy man that you allowed to string you along with lies on a screen.

I'm sorry you let this happen to you.