+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to break up with a guy who thinks your his girlfriend when your not?

how to break up with a guy who thinks your his girlfriend when your not?

So Thursday while getting my mom tea and myself some hot cocoa at the college cafe this guy comes up to me. We make small talk and he wanted to be friends. I was okay with that and we exchanged numbers. Little did I know he would soon think I was his girlfriend because we have 2 similar interests.

He asked me if I was single and I said yes thinking it was small talk. He told me he was single too and also said he thinks we will get along well together ( which I think was the "you are now my girlfriend " sentence). Later on in the day he switches his facebook relationship status to " in a relationship" and wanted me to accept it. I declined. He keeps texting me being sweet. I only knew him for two days basically. Well three now. I don't feel comforteable at the moment.

The creep ( my nickname for him) also told me he has a foot fetish. He proceeded to ask me if I was bothered by that and I said "no" being sarcastic. Today he asked me if I could send him a photo of my toes which was the last straw for me. He wanted to send a photo to me but I lied saying I have no picture messaging. Now he just texted me "good night". I don't know what to do. My friends say ignore him which didn't work. My godmother said I should delete him off facebook and don't mention being friends with him because he sounds weird. Plus block him. My best friend said " be honest " with him. Advice? I'm so confused and I'm feeling bad that I'm going to hurt his feelings
    Last edited by xowinterbabyxo; 17-09-12 at 12:35 PM.

Your godmother is right on the ball here. He is wierd. Block him completely.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ignore him before you end up with a full blown stalker to deal with. *stop responding to him* Every time you respond just feeds his beast. If he shows up and presses lie to him: say you are seeing someone. Get a ring. If you have to, get one of your male friends to scare him off.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Your godmother says right here. He is wierd. Avoid him completely and don't blame yourself for anything. These type of cases are normal in the life. Don't give him that much importance that you feel pain to hurt him. Cheer Up!

Thank you. I feel better and should of broke it off last night though. He texted me this morning asking about hanging out and when he can see me. Then I said I wasn't free today he proceeds to ask me about tomorrow. I told him I wasn't sure when I am free because I am busy. Then he says " darn.. let me know when you are free sweety I'll be waiting"

Creep. Shouldn't he have got the hint I'm not interested? I'm breaking it off tonight and blocking his number so he cant reply even though I was never his girlfriend.. he just thinks I am.. is that good?

Quote Originally Posted by xowinterbabyxo View Post
    Thank you. I feel better and should of broke it off last night though. He texted me this morning asking about hanging out and when he can see me. Then I said I wasn't free today he proceeds to ask me about tomorrow. I told him I wasn't sure when I am free because I am busy. Then he says " darn.. let me know when you are free sweety I'll be waiting"

Creep. Shouldn't he have got the hint I'm not interested? I'm breaking it off tonight and blocking his number so he cant reply even though I was never his girlfriend.. he just thinks I am.. is that good?
    Geeezus... quit giving the guy hope. You've done nothing but lie to him and then you expect him to understand that you don't want anything to do with him.

BS No. 1
    The creep ( my nickname for him) also told me he has a foot fetish. He proceeded to ask me if I was bothered by that and I said "no" being sarcastic.
    Why did you lie?

BS No. 2
    Today he asked me if I could send him a photo of my toes which was the last straw for me. He wanted to send a photo to me but I lied saying I have no picture messaging.
    Why didn't you just tell him that you're not into such things and to never ask you for something like that again?

BS No. 3
    Now he just texted me "good night". I don't know what to do.
    Yes you do.. stop leading him on and be straight forward with him. If you don't have the confidence to tell someone the truth (someone you don't even know for goodness sakes) then just do the fade on him. Do not respond, if you do, Do not lie to him when he asks you direct questions. (best just not to reply.)

BS No. 4
    I'm so confused and I'm feeling bad that I'm going to hurt his feelings
    If you really meant that you wouldn't have given him the impression that you were interested in his ways by lying to him.

Block/delete/do the fade or be honest. You'll pick the one that doesn't make YOU look like the bad guy. Human Nature of the insecure.

BS No. 5.
    Shouldn't he have got the hint I'm not interested?
    Grow up! You've given him zero hints. In fact, you've actually encouraged him.

OP, with some people all you can do is tell them explicitly "I am not interested in you. Please stop contacting me.". Send him this text and unless he's even crazier than he seems, he'll stop.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    OP, with some people all you can do is tell them explicitly "I am not interested in you. Please stop contacting me.". Send him this text and unless he's even crazier than he seems, he'll stop.
    I agree. And the direct approach will probably work much better than lies, sarcasm, or vague hints. Don't worry about hurting his feelings, because he recklessly put them out there.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

yeah he sounds bizarre and possibly has some mental health issues. tell him you are sorry but you are not in a position to be getting into a relationship at the moment. delete him and block him from facebook and don't reply to any of his texts. he has probaby done this kind of thing before

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Also agree with the high road. I think communication should be used. If you just start ignoring him then he can assume anything, and he has already shown this by asking for a relationship 2 days in.

Thank you. I am going to text him tonight ( my phone is not with me) and then block him. He will be history

I blocked his facebook. End of that one too

Thank you. I am going to text him tonight ( my phone is not with me) and then block him. He will be history

I blocked his facebook. End of that one too
    Good, now please learn to communicate what you actually mean and don't hint at things anymore or this kind of situation will keep happening to you. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Stop contacting him. Is there a problem with my online accent? Every time you contact or respond to him, just fuels his inner nutter. If he texts you, ignore it. If he calls you, tell him you aren't interested. Ever. Be firm. If he presses, tell him your next step is calling the cops.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

She said she's going to tell him to leave her alone and block him. Hopefully the first part will avoid her being stalked around campus by a guy wondering "why is she ignoring me, is she mad at me, hey here's a great idea, I'll bring her flowers so she'll talk to me again yay".

Telling him you're not interested will do sweet bugger all to stop him from stalking her. If he's going to stalk her then he will. That is why I pointed out where she went wrong by bs'ing him.. doing what she did gave him the idea that she was into him and that she wasn't sussed by his foot fetish. Dude thought he hit the jackpot.. No giving "hints" and stop leading men on by not telling them immediately if what they're saying/doing is crossing personal boundaries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast