+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I reading too much into this?

Am I reading too much into this?

So there's a girl who I've been seeing a lot lately, and I feel that we both like each other a lot. She even asked me to her formal, and invited herself to mine (in a semi-joking, but very serious manner if that makes any sense). Neither of us are committing to a relationship yet as we're coming into our final year of school and have been told that a boyfriend/girlfriend is detrimental to our studies for ages now. That's not to say that if she wants to, it would really stop me. Anyway, a few months ago before we started hanging out she was asked out to another guy's formal. This guy also likes her a lot, and is a bit more "aggresive" than I am. It kinda hurt me deep inside when I was thinking about them at the formal together, and - yes, prepare for the most teenager thing ever - but I was pretty terrified of what would happen when the photos came out on Facebook. Firstly, I don't like seeing her with the other guy and secondly, all of my friends and her friends think that we're basically in love with each other and dating; I could see potential embarrassment suffered if she starts posting photos of her with some other guy.

Anyway, here's where my teenager-ness reaches another level. I think I might be reading too deep into this, but then again - I might also have some sort of point or solace to make me feel better about the situation. Firstly, she didn't "share" any of the photo's - except for one photo where she was with someone else other than her date that was gay, and wearing a fairly elaborate costume. She didn't "like" any of the photos with her and her date, and only liked ones like the aforementioned one where she wasn't with her date or the interesting part of the photo was something else. In all of the photos of her and the other guy, she's leaning slightly away from him and looking fairly awkward aha... and finally, all of her friends that know/know of me haven't liked any of the photos of her and the other guy, except for one of her friends who doesn't know me at all.

Yes, I'm fully prepared to admit that this just might be me trying to feel better about myself - but hey, last night when we texting and I said goodbye she said that she mysteriously said that she kinda misses me... ahaha oh life.

She wanted to see where you stood with her by seeing if she could get a jealous reaction out of you by dating someone else. Get off the pot and make your relationship "official" it will make her very happy. If you don't you will lose her eventually.