+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WORST medical situation ever.....

I got a 3500 dollar medical bill lol.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thats why I thank god I live in Canada. I could have a multiple organ transplant and not pay a damn cent.

o.o I have been terribly ill and dont go to the emergency room so i wont have to be stuck with a huge bill, lol XD. One time i was cold and shaking and stuff, stomach hurt really bad, , I might have had the flu.... or the T virus or something, lol. All i know is i woke up 38 hours after i finally fell asleep, got up and went to work <.< heh. Written up for missing 3 days >.<

Dude you know they cant make you pay it right? <.< lol forgot to add that. Send then 1 dollar every month to keep goons from coming over <.< It works here in texas, keeps your name off of the priority calling list

Quote Originally Posted by Stillinlove
    Dude you know they cant make you pay it right? <.< lol forgot to add that. Send then 1 dollar every month to keep goons from coming over <.< It works here in texas, keeps your name off of the priority calling list
    I dont know lol. They can screw my credit or something and my credit is good. damn, I wish I lived in canada were health care is awesome.

3500 ain't bad. mine was almost 10 grand. i applied for some crazy hospital bill benefit that paid my bills for me. i did have to pay for the labs though but they gave me a biiiiiiig discount.

and i wish we had universal health care too. we should start another thread about the medical and pharmaceutical profession, i could go on and on about it...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think i paid about 3-400 for my braces. =)~

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

three hundred to four hundred dollar, raver?? Really? or $3,400?? That would make more sense. No way are braces a couple of hundred. I had braces too and I got them accross the border because it'd be cheaper, and they were somewhere between 1 and 2 grand..and this was in the early nineties.

Hey..who else here has had braces??

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    no no usually braces are 3-4000 dollars but luckily my dad has a really good medical coverage plan. it only costs between 300-400 dollars.

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Hey..who else here has had braces??
    Me 2-3 years ago. 2.5k for them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the funny thing is after i got them off, i was so happy. i didn't even bother wearing my retainer. talk about a waste of money.

raverboy

I loved it when they took them off too! The contact between lip and straight teeth was so soft without them metal intruders!

Okay, Raver, I get it...it makes sense. They didn't cost 3-400..that was just your out of pocket contribution due to your dental plan....nice.

retainers. i lost mine not too long after.. my mom kept throwing them away because she didn't know what they were..

didn't you just hate sitting there with your mouth wide open, waiting for the rubber bands to be changed? i hated that.
    "Ogres are like onions."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    that wasn't too bad compared to the inital hour and a half when they first put on the braces. after they were done, your lips felt so old and wrinkled because of the lack of moisture from your tounge.

raverboy

I hated it when they didn't cut the wire in the back quite right....oh, that was harsh, it would cause blisters too. Blisters were the worse with braces. and then they kept your mouth open for too long with those lip stretcher things that make you look like you're smiling all the time..your lips would be all dry and cracked...horrible.

I misplaced my retainer for the top set of teeth one morning and was sure it must be somewhere near my bed because I could remember putting it on at night. And that day we had a trip for some state competition and while wrestling in the hotel room, my buddy kinda body slams me into the bed and my knee hits me right on the teeth and kinda knocks it back a little bit. That sucked the big one. But what's funny is it didn't really affect it much..but then that summer, this VERY SAME friend really did a number on my 2 front teeth. He basically knocked them in and this time it really was bad..they turned blue! but I guess only one really died. They had to do a roon canal to clean it out. Arty...ask Oig if he remembers this. The friend was "Femi" and the trips were: FPS (this one he may not remember), but the other was the summer of 95 at UNT.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast